Skip to content

Researching bloodlines

So we have decided to get our BT pup in spring/ summer 2017 we have found several UK breeders we like the look of who are on the assured breeders scheme. I'm now investing my time into research. Looking at a 5 gen pedigree history can you find out what age the dogs grand parents / great grand parents lived until so they have to register a date of birth and death with Uk kennel club ?

Here's a few pics of my Staffordshire and the beautiful Essex country side on my doorstep
IMG_2931.JPG
2448 x 2448 - 1M
IMG_2936.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Most canine registries afford you the opportunity to conduct research on any dog if you have their Registration number. Obviously you need an account with the registry in order to accomplish this. You should be able to validate the dates that are recorded for the deceased dogs within a pedigree you are researching. Please note, not all breeders are responsible enough to keep their records accurate and up to date. With this said not all dogs will show records of the date they deceased so just because there may not be any date doesn't necessary mean the dog is still alive.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com