Skip to content

Stranger Danger

Ok, I'm on fire the last few days! Question...we lost our Westie almost 2 weeks ago. Could our girl be expressing her sadness in the form of skidishnesd? She's always been very friendly with strangers on our walks, and since she lost her buddy, she's been very submissive, rolling over and laying on her back when she visits with the neighbors Yorkie, and leery of people we meet on walks. She won't approach them and acts almost afraid when they approach her. She has never acted liked this before. Makes me sad! Any thoughts??

Comments

• edited October 2016
    I am pretty sure that animals actually go through emotional turmoil, when they lose a companion - human or animal, just as we do. Also sure it takes them a while to recover from the loss and bounce back to normal.

In my opinion the reactions described above are not necessarily, yet could very well be related to the loss.
    I think, lots of love, attention and time will tell.

Poor thing!
  • It breaks my heart. No one has ever treated her harshly. God help anyone that tries. I can't even go there.... thank you for the advice, we'll just keep doing what we're doing...love her like crazy, and hope this is just a passing phase.