Skip to content

Brutus @ 8 months

Brutus, my EBT, is about 8 months and a week old. I took him to the vet the other day to pick up new heart worm and flea treatment and he weighed in at 43 lbs. Apparently he is supposed to be around 70-80 lbs full grown so I assumed at 8 months he would weigh more. Just curious if anyone could comment on his weight. 
IMG_4866.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    His weight sounds just right. As far as people saying he "should" be between 70 -80 pounds at maturity I can assure you that is not at all the average weight of an adult Bull Terrier. Most are actually between 60-65 pounds. Yes, there are male Bull Terriers that exceed 70+ pounds but that shouldn't be the expectation when it certainly isn't the average. Your Bull Terrier surely has the capabilities to reach those levels though.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • In regards to reaching the upper weight range, any suggestions or should I just continue feeding as I have been doing? Also, Steve I am interested in seeing pictures of Bam Bam and Roxy's next litter that is anticipated to be due on December 4th. Is that possible? Should I try to get in touch with Appalachian Bullies?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Well when they are two weeks old and I initiate Puppy Picks for the people on our waiting list the photos will be on our website. However, after the puppies are claimed it will be at that time that Eric and Courtney will be sending puppy photos to individual puppy owners. I'm sure if you contact them they'd have no problems sending you photos. Have you been keeping in touch with them or sending any photos of Brutus?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Okay, thanks for the info. I will most likely get in touch with Courtney, but yes I send pictures every now and then to Courtney and let them know how he is doing.