Skip to content

Stool issue

Hi

Arrows stool have been covered in mucus the last few days. I cant get to the vet for a few days due to public holiday here so just after some info or possbile pointers. I know it is hard to diagnose etc so not expecting miracles :). I was going to attach a picture of a stool but i wasnt sure if allowed due to it being poop lol.
He is 8 months old

Things i have noticed,
1. His poop is nearly almost covered.
2. nothing in his diet has changed
3, the stools are solid other than mucus, no obvious blood or dioreah. 
4. When i walk him, his energy levels seem to be a bit lower and when out he is almost pulling to return home.
5. he is a bit more grumpy than normal, showed his teeth and snapped at me walking past his crate last two days on a couple occassions. He then comes to me after tail wagging almost to apologise. but then when i go to stroke him he growls. This tends to happen post walks when tired or tired in general.
6. he isnt drinking alot, never been a big drinker but bit less than normal
7. no toilet issues, accidents etc
8. he is eating normal no loss of appetite etc
9. he is crated overnight but other than this the crate is open and in the living room, he has been walking in and sleeping in the crate alot more than normal, this isnt normal for him as his normal chill space is on my feet of the floor, The last time he went in his crate as much of own accord was when he had tick fever but the other symptoms arent same and no temperature,
10. not usre if related but the moody behavior etc is only directed at me. My partenr gets normal Arrow happy wagging tail. In a 12 hour day i would say i spend 10 hours either with him or in same room as work from home, my partner barely sees him. Any ideas why i always get the stroppy unobedient behavior? he knows what im saying it is clearly a case of him ignoring me atm...

he has been stroppy for a while and for a few weeks we have been ok and the grunting and leave me alone noises had stopped but last few days they have started again so im thinking he is under the weather. I wont give up on him obviously but it does get me down at times that this behaviour is only ever directed at me

sorry for the list.
20161018_150855.jpg
4128 x 3096 - 4M
20161018_150626.jpg
4128 x 3096 - 3M
20161018_150703.jpg
4128 x 3096 - 3M
20161018_150809.jpg
4128 x 3096 - 3M
20161018_150802.jpg
4128 x 3096 - 6M

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Stools covered with mucus and lack of energy could point to some kind of worm/ parasite infestation. Is he on proper parasite control? When did you have his stools tested the last time?
  • they have never been tested as never an issue and he was wormed (via tablets) a month ago
  • edited October 2016
    When you say he has been wormed a month ago, I assume that was something like a round of Panacur or so and he is not on ongoing parasite control, like a monthly dose of something appropriate.
    That means, if his stools have been covered for some days, parasites could still play a role.

If I were you, I'd have his stools sampled at the vet - just in case. And if an infestation is diagnosed, maybe ask, if in your area it is advisable to put him on a monthly control.

Here in Florida we could not go without it.
    Heartworm prevention and testing is even mandatory.

And as for problem #10:
    You're mommy, what do you expect? :)
    I am in the exact same situation: I feed Djamila, keep her clean and take care of boo-boos, I entertain and train her, walk her, even make her food and treats myself. I am around her basically all the time.
    Guess, who's always last when hubby, friends or strangers enter the scenery. :)

That's just the way it is.
    They do love fun, diversion and action. And they are independent thinkers, always on the hunt for "the new".
    But then again, when she is behaving nice towards other dogs and people and once she nearly crawls into me at night when we go to sleep or flies into my arms sometimes completely unexpectedly to give me a hug and a kiss - I know my work is worthwhile. And she does appreciate it - in her own way.

Also I really love watching her being happy and having fun with others, just enjoying life to the fullest, not even knowing there are also so many bad things out there - things she will hopefully never have to deal with.