Skip to content

Injuries in Paw Pads

Hi, so last week Trica's trainer took her to the beach with some friends, we're in spring, but it's not too hot; that day was warm. She come home exhausted and slept through the night, we thought she was tired so we didn't notice anything strange. The next day, she had trouble walking, I thought she had some sore muscles from the exercise, but at night I examine her closely, and notice that her paw pads were different, like irritated. The only thing that I can imagine is that when she was walking home the sidewalk was hot or something so her pads suffered injuries or a blister. It wasn't as big as the picture I'm attaching, first it was like a line, then it felt down and is the wound in the picture. Took her to the vet, the clean the wound and gave a collar to stop her from licking the wound. We're applying "sangre de grado" which is a natural antiseptic from the region, and an antiseptic cream. But i'm wondering how long does it take to heal? She's been really sleepy and it's not that active, so we're not having problems controlling her time outside and cleaning her wounds. It breaks my heart because we can see she's in pain, altough her apetite is the same. Of course she's improving and walking better day by day, but how long does it take in average to regenerate?

FB_IMG_1476825341228[1].jpg
720 x 960 - 71K
IMG-20161023-WA0006[1].jpg
720 x 1280 - 75K

Comments

• I'm big on epsom salt soaks for paw issues
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Ya, she probably burnt them on the pavement. Often dogs that aren't used to to the outside elements develop nice soft paws from walking around on the plush carpet all day and when they get the chance to dance around in a new area they often are filled with so much excitement that they don't even realize they are beating up their feet.

I would rub some Bag Balm on them and they'll be good as new in a couple days.

bag_balm.jpg
    240 x 240 - 21K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com

• Thank you for your recomendation, I think I'm going to keep at hand some bag balm for the future. She's already healing, she's more active, and plays more.I can see that she's no longer in pain when she walks, or run, or jump. From now on we'll be more careful when taking her outside.

The quiet days are gone, she's back to her normal active and naughty self. She decided that she have to impose a new fashion to carry the elizabethan collar :))

IMG-20161026-WA0001[1].jpg
    584 x 1040 - 73K