Skip to content

Cedar chips and Coconut oil

We are having an issue with our baby having a reaction to flea bites. He is on Trifexis and gets it once a month on time. We have just recently started him on coconut oil topically. My questions are: Can we also sprinkle cedar chips in our yard to help repel the fleas and can you give them coconut oil on their food as well as use it topically? I don't want to give him so much that it will hurt him. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I thank you and Twitch thanks you. 

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Cedar chips are a good repellent for fleas and other insects but sprinkling cedar chips around the yard wouldn't be effective. The cedar chips would lose its scent quickly out in the elements of weather. Fleas this year were Strong. I used Advantix II on my Bullies and I still managed to find a couple fleas on them. However, I bath my Bullies fairly often and keep the fleas at bay.
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Yes. The fleas were horrible this year. We have started putting Coconut oil in their food and I have been rubbing it on the spots that are irritated. It seems to be working and my babies love the taste of it. Thank you.