Skip to content

Rough play

My 1 year old mini ( 40 old!) and my 11 year old Westie get along just fine, but my bully just doesn't want to stop playing, and she gets a bit too rough with her brother. Not mean, she's just such a tank and doesn't know her strength. I don't know how to get her to leave him alone..I don't want to discourage their playing, I just want her to play with him a bit more gentle, and a bit less! Her brother looks at me sometimes like, help me please!!
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    All Bull Terriers in their youth are like Tasmanian Devils. However, they say Mini Bull Terriers are more hyper than Standard Bull Terriers. If it were me I wouldn't put them out to play at the same time initially until your Bullie had exhausted some of his pent up energy. Try letting you Bullie out to play first for a while and then allow your Westie to join. You're going to have to intervene often in order for your Bullie to understand his behavior is not warranted during the times he's being too rough. Obviously he's still a pup and has a stubborn side to him right now while he's going through his adolescent stages. This stage will pass but the more time you invest into training him now the quicker he will learn right from wrong. Upon maturity you will notice a big change in his behavior and his antics with subside considerably.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com