Skip to content

Skin problem

Hey all! My little girl is about 11 months old and she recently start having skin problem. It first starts about two months ago and the vet put her on antibiotics and it sort of went away. About two weeks ago it started again. And it is all over the base of her ears. It starts with a soft bump then become soft and liquidity then become crusty then hair fall off....here's some pictures. It didn't seem to bother her at all. I am going to take her back to the vet some time this week. Anyone has the same problem before? And is there anything I can do to help with the problem? imageimageimageimage
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 1M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 3M

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There are so many skin issues that cause similar reactions which have the same appearance. Many times these type of bumps are caused from a allergy towards flea bites. I'm not saying this is the issue with your Bullie but did you thoroughly check for any possible evidence of fleas? Even just a few fleas on a dog can cause an issue if they have a flea allergy.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I didn't see any fleas on her. We just couldn't figure out what could cause it. Do you think it would help if we change her food? Or Is there any shampoo could help with this skin problem? We are going to the vet in a little bit. I will ask them to check if there's any flea bits. Thanks for the help! Here's another picture of the bump. image
    image.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
  • The vet gave me a bottle shampoo (Malaseb/Pharmaseb Shampoo) and we hope it will help with her skin. She asked us to start using oatmeal base shampoo from now on. It seems like the Hartz groomer's is the most recommended one out there. Anyone has any recommendation? What do you guys use for your dogs? Thanks! image
    image.jpeg
    750 x 629 - 45K
  • I have had good results with this brand, the dogs have less itch and irritation and it does well on helping the coat shine as well.

I have a boxer and a mutt to go with my EBT, and they all get this shampoo except for the 2 months I used a medicated shampoo for Bronte  (EBT)
    Screenshot_20160927-162751.png
    1440 x 2560 - 623K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Let me know how well this shampoo does for her. I have a tendency to stay away from grains even with their food because many EBT's don't do well with grains.
    If the scratching persists here's another shampoo you may want to try.
    Shampoo.jpg
    500 x 500 - 57K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Alright!!! I will keep you guys update on the skin condition. Thanks so much for the recommendation!