Skip to content

Aspiration?

Luna my 7 month old girl was aspirating this morning to the point of the motion of puking only nothing was coming out, kind of like she had something in her throat she was trying to get out. This lasted for several minutes. I didn't watch her eat so I was thinking maybe she had eaten too quickly and something was stuck. As it started a few minutes after eating. The vet said to monitor it at home. She seems fine now. I think it's happened a couple other times but I just thought the same thing, she had eaten a stick or grass or something at it was caught in her throat. This time you could see her abdomen/stomach straining as she aspirated so I thought it might be more serious. Anyone else encountered something like this?image
image.jpeg
1905 x 2260 - 1M
image.jpeg
3264 x 2448 - 1011K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    It's not uncommon to see a dog dry heaving when something isn't right. It could be caused from a belly ache, something bad they ate, feeling sick, eating too quickly, etc.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I've never seen it before I guess. And the aspiration part made it seem like there might be something more going on. I'll have to watch her eat more carefully next breakfast. Thanks.
  • Hi Noryan,
    My 4 month old did the same thing last week.
    After 2 minutes he coughed up a small petal and all was good.
    I tried to tell him that eating flowers isn't very good for him but i don't think he was paying too much attention.:)
    Love Lunas eye patches.