Skip to content

Bargains for doggy at T.J.MAXX

edited July 2016 in General
Maybe I am the last to know. But just in case you guys did not know it either:
Today I went to T.J.MAXX just for fun. Wasn't really looking for anything in particular and did not really expect to find pet stuff there, when I stumbled over their "Pet aisle".
Here's what I found: Brand name pet toys (Chuckit, Outward hound ...) and some of them pretty solid, at least at first glance, at amazing prices I usually only find online. They also carry marked down accessories, such as leashes etc. and a huge selection of dog beds.
I guess most of it may be "last season" or discontinued products. But I don't think that this really matters with regard to non-perishable pet products.
And actually all of the products I purchased there today are still available in other places, especially online.

I bought a pretty huge, very durable "go dog" plush toy marked down from $14 to $8 and the Outward Hound Paw Flapper Puzzle Dog Toy for just $4 (it is available online for even less than 4 bucks, but you only have to add shipping costs to end up spending more. And it's not available at this price in any other local store I'd know of in my area).
Also a large bag of Prairie Dog U.S. manufactured Beef Jerky treats (best by 12/17) for $0.60 per Ounce (currently selling online for $1.30 per Ounce).
So, I've saved quite some money today and got a lot of really good stuff. Mila was super happy, too.

Btw. the mind game (puzzle box) is very interesting. We played it together. I watched her think really hard and try different strategies to get the treats out of there.

T.J. Maxx have over 40 locations nationwide. So maybe there's also one near your place. Also maybe other Discount Retail Chains selling marked down branded products may be a hit with regard to pet products. It was an accidental find, but one I will repeat. :)
I will definitely take another look there now and then. Because today they have beaten the pants off Petsmart & Co.
:D
Just wanted to let you guys know ... just in case your "bargain nose" has not lead you to T.J.Maxx so far.

Comments

• Tuesday Morning stores have much the same kind of things. But like TJ Maxx, you cannot count on the same items being there the next time you shop. I bought BIrdie a couple of plush toys this week that claim to be durable.(brand name "Happy Tails") I have only given her one, but it's been around for 2 days already. I'm always happy when toys last longer than 5 minutes.

I also got her a rubber bone at TJ Maxx which is made of the same kind of stuff as the gnawsome balls; It has the little spikes and comes in bright colors. (brand name "My Super Dog") She broke the squeaker in about 5 minutes, but it stayed inside, so no problem there. She really likes that toy and it has been around for about 5 days so far. She likes it so much that I went back for another and there was only one left.
  • I just stumbled over this site for really durable balls. They even have a Bull Terrier in their logo and look at those top images.  :D

Sadly for me they look like they are hard rubber balls, which Djamila will not take, because they don't have any "give" for gnawing.

But may this site helps anyone else. 
    :D
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I thought that one huge Ball they have advertised on their home page slider looked pretty cool until I seen the $325 price tag. I clicked on the link to read about it but the link was broken. I noticed a few other broken links on the website too. Doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy when their own website needs attention. But I love the aspect of the Bull Terrier being used as their logo.
    My favorite balls for the Bull Terrier are the Kong Extreme and Goughnuts.

Extreme Kong Ball.jpg
    260 x 260 - 9K
    GoughNuts Balls.jpg
    468 x 324 - 21K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • edited July 2016
    You're right, Steve. Something seems to be wrong with their top slide show.

But the rest of the site is working, as it seems. If you type "Boomer ball" into Google's search interface, you'll also find out that these balls seem to be sold at different other popular locations as well, such as Walmart and Amazon. At least that's what pops up under "Boomer ball".
    It always makes me feel uneasy too, when websites display error messages, especially when they are shops. But a quick scam research also did not surface anything negative.

So, I guess they're real after all. And the smaller balls start at under ten bucks, not 300 as the huge one in the slide show. :)

I've never tried them and probably never will, because Djamila doesn't like the hard balls.
    But for someone interested in that material, I guess they are still worth looking into.