Skip to content

itraconazole

Hi

I have been away for a couple of days and Arrow went into kennels for the first time, i felt this was ok as the kennels is actually the vets we use. As you may know he has had skin issues but they were on the mend i believe and getting better due to info provided on here and other sources.
He is on a raw diet with supplements. During his stay they switched him to Smartheart dry food. He has come back looking Awful and i feel i have been put back to square one, he has also lostt 2.2lbs in a week.
His skin is awful and patches all over him, I queired how he is worse and why the change in food and they just said our records show he had a yeast issue so we thought he looked like that when he got in !!!

i dont want to go into the ins and outs of vets etc as ill deal with that. For his skin, they have given me 125mg daily of itraconazole and medication to make sure his liver isnt infected. Has anyone had any dealinging with this medication?
He is back on his diet now too

Comments

• edited July 2016
    What would you like to know about this medication? Does it cause any problems?

We have not used this product so far. But the name suggests that this is an antifungal drug and a quick internet search confirms that assumption. I guess it was applied to fight the yeast infection you've mentioned ... ?
    So, what exactly is it that you need to know?