Skip to content

How to stop biting???

Riggs is 6months old and whenever he sees someone walk into the room even if they left for 5 min. He wants to run up and jump on you and starts nipping! He is very excited while doing this and gets a little carried away. He's becoming very strong, sitting just over 30 pounds.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get him to relax and chill out instead of the biting? We can handle the jumping, however would obviously like that to stop too. I'm just really worried about the excited biting. Especially because he is around kids all of the time. My oldest son being 9 and a strong kid himself knows how to handle him however my 6 year old son has a hard time and so do his friends
image.jpeg
2448 x 2448 - 1M
image.jpeg
1869 x 2447 - 1M

Comments

• I used the yelp method with Teddy if he does mouth it doesn't brake the skin or hurt as he's already learnt bite inhibition to have a safer jaw but he hardly ever mouths anymore . You yelp like a puppy everytime and ignore for 10 seconds then go back to play first I allowed him to mouth me where it's uncomfortable then slowly started to reduce how hard he could bite down its a longer process but it does work well I've always done this with my dogs I used redirection with toys and ignoring for trouser legs and he's completley stopped pulling clothes and hair . Some people will use redirection with toys and some use pin I've heard these methods work aswell but Teddy is a sensitive soul so he responds very well to this method .