Skip to content

Bullterrier proof toys?

Boyka needs some toys! He loves the mini squeaky tennis balls, but the squeaky only lasts 5min max . He loves chewing plastic, so he has no more plastic bowls left and I also do not have much plastic lunchboxes left! I take the bowls away before he can swallow any pieces. He doesn't play with kongs, he doesn't chew on rubber, what toys are left? I need some ideas please?

Comments

• edited July 2016
    Sorry, that I don't have toy recommendations. Only this:
    My Bull Terrier also does not like any of the "chew proof" hard rubber toys. She likes things she can squeeze at least a little.
    That left me only with the alternative of training her HOW I want her to play.
    Most of the time she is using her toys when we are playing together or at least I supervise her play - supervision is always advisable anyways.
    On the other hand this gives us the opportunity to spend some time together in interaction. She loves to fetch on the grass or in the pool and enjoys it most when we are playing together, anyway.
    So we catch two flies with one strike.

I do not allow her to have tennis balls any longer, because even if not swallowed they can be harmful.
    In general I always choose toys that are larger than recommended for her size, because this also prolongs a possible destruction process and ensures that the items do not get swallowed in whole.

Instead of still hunting for the perfect toy she can chew on, I am giving her chew treats pretty frequently, because they are made to be chewed on.

Another main reason why I don't keep looking for "indestructible" in terms of toys is that I am convinced there's no such thing existing.
    Because if the toy is not wearing off, something else will - probably undesired - such as teeth for example.
    Ergo something WILL sooner or later likely be destructed. And honestly I'd rather have the toy be destructed than my dog's teeth.

All of this helps us to manage the situation. And her toys, which are not the most durable on earth, all last us months to years.