Skip to content

......I knew she was a little pms-y!!!

My girl started her heat cycle today . Since I've never had a female that hasn't been spayed, any helpful hints or advice out there????

Comments

• Oh wow! She started before Swiss. I've never experienced it before either. I have always had males. 

• Yeah, she was acting a little different...I could just tell something was up. And she started humping my husbands leg like it was her job!

• Well, in my case, Trica's first heat cycle was in February. First advice, if you're concerned with the blood stains buy doggy diapers, I bought baby diapers, I forgot one small tiny detail, the tail.
    As Trica sleep in my bed, well I just had to change the bed clothes every day.

If you have male dogs, I bought an odor neutralizer, I was afraid I would have him 24/7 near her crate, but that was useful.

She was extremely affectionate during her cycle, I would say flirty. She was not that active, I don't know if she had cramps or something like that, but she was more quiet than usual, not even wanted to play that much and sleep longer hours than usual.

• I have found a really neat solution for the "messy days". However, it only works in summer, if it is possible to cool the house, because the dog will be wearing a suit. I am planning on testing human hygiene products (incontinence pads etc) instead of the potty pads I am using right now, to make this solution even more easy to handle und reduce the craft works. :)

But so far it is working like a charm already. And contrast to diapers, which Djamila really hates, she does not bother at all about wearing that suit.
    It's not the cheapest solution, but that's an investment in years of "mess free" heat cycles. Because the suit only has to be purchased once and can be washed and used over and over. I love the quality and have even used it already for Djamila when it was really cold during the night.
    The sizing is a but tricky. As is it pretty stretchy, I would advise to choose the smaller size, if in between sizes.

Here' my review about the product:
    http://www.bullterrierfun.com/dog-heat-suit-a-great-alternative-to-diapers-for-intact-bitches/