Skip to content

Sunscreen

What's the best sunscreen to use for my white mbt? I've read lots of different opinions...id like to go with one specifically made for dogs...any suggestions???

Comments

• edited June 2016
    I only feed fish oil and use Coconut oil externally for natural sun protection. We live in Florida. So far we don't have problems with sunburn, although my girl is playing in the sun every day.

If using sunscreen for humans, be careful with zinc based formulas (lots of them are zinc based, because it's so effective for sun protection) - especially if your dog tends to lick lotion off (off itself OR your skin :) ).
    Zinc can be toxic to dogs. Titanium Dioxide is considered less effective, but in exchange safe for dogs.

And of course, if possible, avoid all the other bad stuff, such as preservatives, perfumes ..., that make human cosmetics even hard to tolerate for human skin. :(
    There are some formulas on the market especially for dogs. But those basically have the same issues as human sunscreen regarding dangerous ingredients. Only you pay a lot more money for them.
    :)