Skip to content

Help with Chicos hair loss.

So Chico's eye hasn't gotten better with bag balm maybe even worse? Still only the one eye but I do notice a couple spots on his leg with slight hairloss. I'm finally done transitioning his food to a new one today was the first day with the new food completely. I bought the grizzly pullock oil started him on that yesterday! Still give him a teaspoon of pure organic coconut oil everyday and IDK what else to do. Everytime I google hairless under eye mange pops up? But my other dog has no hairloss so it's not the contagious mange. I'm at a loss for what to do. BTW the small cut under the eye is from my pitbull pawing his eye when they were playing one night.
IMAG1674.jpg
1836 x 3264 - 1M
IMAG1684.jpg
1836 x 3264 - 780K

Comments

• The pic on the left is from 3 weeks ago the pic on the right is tonight so you can see it's worse.
    160614104244.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 718K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Good luck with the Pullock oil. I know somebody on this Forum tried that stuff a while back and their Bull Terrier did not do well on it at all. They ended up quickly going back to the Salmon oil.

The bald area under the eye does not appear like it is demodectic mange to me. It's a very uncommon spot for mange mites to gather and become problematic too. It almost appears as though it's a spot in which your Bullie is scratching at. Could it be possible the problem isn't with the skin or fur below the eye but the eye itself? Is he blinking a lot or showing any signs that something may be in his eye? Are you sure the scratch was caused by your other dog instead of from Chico scratching at his eye?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com