Skip to content

Female mbt with rv

My vet informed us months ago that our baby girl has a recessed vulva. Has any other female owners experienced this? We've had her urine tested to make sure there were no problems with infection....so far, so good. Our vet highly suggested we wait to have her spayed until after her first heat cycle, as it may correct itself. Does anyone know if there are any repercussions from not waiting until after the first heat cycle? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated...I've always spayed my females and have no experience with the heat cycle!

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I've seen posts from others on Social Network from people who had a young Bull Terrier with the same issue. I have yet to hear of the issue becoming problematic for a Bull Terrier. There was an adult female on one post that was born with this issue and the owner never knew it was even an issue until the Vet pointed it out when their Bullie was around 3 years of age. They made no mentions of any complications or health concerns. However, I'm sure a lot has to do with proper care, sanitary living conditions, and basic bathing and care of the individual dog.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Bianca has it as well. Our vet pointed it out to us and said it may cause problems but he didn't recommend surgery if there are no problems. She had get first heat cycle at 9 months and it did not correct itself and so far no issues. She'll be 1 year in 3 days!
  • So Bianca is not spayed, right?
  • I guess I'm confused when you say "surgery".....
    As in corrective surgery or spaying?
  • Correct she is not spayed. He said 'cosmetic surgery' to make her vulva come out not spaying. From what I understood.