Skip to content

Tick prevention

So let me start out by saying that I lurk once in a while and I have spoke to some of you off this forum in the past.

I have a 4 month old that I plan taking on hikes and possibly my trail running buddy when he gets old enough. IMO at this time I think the Lyme vaccine isn't worth it because it only covers a couple of strains. I think the possible allergic reactions outweighs the actual benefit of what that vaccine (might) protect against.

My question is do you guys reccommend any preventatives? (advantix, revolution, frontline etc.) that you've used? I'm still in limbo. I do tons of homework on everything I do if I don't have a lot of knowledge on it. Maybe too much sometimes :) I pulled a tick off him a couple weeks back and it's had me looking a lot more into it. I know last year there were more ticks around than there had been in years. I dug out an quick article from a local paper a few towns away. I live in southern Massachusetts. http://tiverton.patch.com/articles/tiverton-tick-population-up-80-percent

-Steve

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I use K9 Advantix II for Flea and Tick control.

We also use Trifexis for Heartworm, Fleas, and Intestinal Worms.

I wish that Trifexis would add an ingredient in it to prevent ticks so it would be one stop shop! [-O<

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com