Skip to content

My new Pup

Hi everyone
This is my new pup boy Arrow.
Im a first time Bull Terrier owner having previously always had boxers.
Quick question and im sure most people ask it :). I know there is no standard size for a BT and as a new first time owner i find it hard to know if he is ok size wise. 
He is 8 weeks and 3 days old and he is 5.5kg (12lbs), is this normal, the vet said he is a bit chubby (i cant see it as fat lol) but im unsure how to judge him size and height wise. His head also looks so small for his body at the moment :). He is on a raw diet, no issues toilet wise and he wolfs down his food, i mean within seconds, veg, bones, fruit the lot (ive researched what veg/fruit is ok)
on a raw diet you use a % of his expected adult body weight to measure his food for now. ive based on 25kg (55lbs), this ok?

look ok?

dog1.jpg
1520 x 2688 - 573K
dog2.jpg
1520 x 2688 - 679K
dog3.jpg
1520 x 2688 - 642K
dog4.jpg
1520 x 2688 - 1M

Comments

• He looks absolutely fine hes a beauty, i was worried when mine was 8 weeks ( see picture) she looked very thin but is filling out nicely. Lots of exercise once hes able to go out will get rid of any chubiness.

Love his patches on his ears! 

dolly 3.JPG
    480 x 640 - 154K
  • well had him a few days and whilst he is getting the hang of sit and come, he is def a bit stubborn :)
    my main concern from coming from a boxer was the training and the ease or lack of it on a BT.

I live in Phuket Thailand, so its hot and the thing he loves at the minute to do is to tip is drink bowl over and lie in the puddle. ive brought him a paddle pool but oh no he prefers the puddles! :)

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    His weight looks perfectly fine for his age. I'd say the average male Bull Terrier weighs in around 65 pounds as a mature adult. 55 pounds would be a closer average weight for an adult female.

He's a great looking Bullie and certainly looks as though you're taking great care of him.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com