Skip to content

How much to feed a 5 months old puppy?

Hi everyone, 
We have a 5 month old bull terrier puppy and she is the most wonderful thing in the world.  I was just wondering how much should I feed her?  Since she was 12 weeks old, we have been feeding her three time a day and about 1 to 1 1/2 cup per meal.  She also get 1/4 can of wet food mix in with her lunch.  She is currently on BB (grain free).  We take her on walk twice a day and on weekends she get to go play in the dog park.  We also giving her training session twice a day (about 10 minutes each).  The bag recommend to reduce her food to 2 3/4 cups but she since to be hungry if she didn't have all her 3 1/2 cups plus 1/4 can of wet food.  We are just wondering if we are over feeding her or not....a little hesitate to reduce her food intake.  Oh and she currently 31 lbs.  Thanks everyone!  That's her just got done with the dog park!
imageimage
IMG_6344.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 535K
IMG_6346.JPG
3264 x 2448 - 499K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    As active as I'm sure she is you will a difficult time over feeding her. However, I think in due time she'll probably lose the strong desire for eating due to feeding her 3 meals a day. I would keep your feedings to 2 meals per day and provide her the amount of food that keeps her at a good weight. BBW is a great food and you really don't need to over due the volume of food you give her.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com