Skip to content

Microchip ?s

My vet told me they usually place the microchip during the spaying. But I might decide not to spay. Is placing the microchip while their awake painful? 

Comments

• choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Took them less than 2 min to chip Chooba. He didn't feel a thing, but he was annoyed they had to shave a half dollar size of hairvof his back between the shoulders.

ebt's are pretty hardy, I wouldn't worry about it
  • Seriously? They shaved your dog to insert the microchip?
    I don't remember my vet doing that.
    But everything else was pretty much the same: Plain and simple procedure, no anesthesia, no fuss and over in a minute. I think Djamila did not even realize that she received a treatment.

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I microchip every Rescue we receive as well as every puppy we sell. I microchip puppies at 6 weeks old and they don't wince in pain or even flinch. Yes, the needle is thicker than most vaccination needles but nothing that causes pain. There is no need at all to shave the fur or anything else. The procedure literally takes 5 seconds. The chip is injected between the should blades by pulling the loose fur and injecting into the pinched skin.
    I use AKC Reunite ISO preregistered chips which are a 15 digit number which can be read by any scanner in and out of the country. Their database is awesome and their tracking is just as impressive.

There should be no fear or concern in regard to microchipping. Your BT will not even realize what happened.

Microchip.png
    200 x 200 - 34K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com