Skip to content

Instructions on How to Post a Picture in a FORUM.

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
edited January 2012 in General

For those of you wondering how to post a picture on a Forum I thought I'd provide some step by step instructions.

First of all, you need to understand that in order to post a picture the picture needs to come from an internet website not from your computer hard drive.

Looking above where you begin typing a discussion you'll notice an index that contains a line of icons. You want to click on the picture icon which is the 9th from last on the idex bar. It's a square icon. If you hold your curser over the icon it will say "Insert Image."

Once you click on the picture icon it will open a box that says "Enter URL:"  The box kind of gives you a headstart by putting in the http://. This lets you know they are looking for a webaddress to the picture you wish to illustrate.

Any time you've ever seen a photo from a website it contains a webaddress. Here's how you get the address to any picture found on the internet:

- Find the picture you wish to post on the forum. As an example you could go to your Facebook page and open up a photo you had in one of your albums.

- Right click on the photo and an option box will pop up.

- Choose the last option which should say "Properties"

- This will bring up a different box. In the middle of the box it should say "Address (URL)". 

- Highlight and copy the entire address. It should start off with the "http://" like you seen when you first clicked on the picture icon on the forum discussion page. Here's an example taken from a photo on my Facebook page - http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197395_163312673722061_100001299895342_310367_2882107_n.jpg

- Now go back to the forum to the area you were writing and click back on the picture icon.

- Highlight over the "http://" since you already copied that portion of the address and paste (Control V) the address of your photo.

-Click on the submit button.

Your picture should now be on the forum thread. You can resize the folder by clicking on the corner of the picture and dragging the photo to the appropriate size. 

Some people don't have a website or even Facebook so they actually can't acquire a picture to post on the forum because they can't generate a webaddress from the photo. In this case, many people chose to open a free PhotoBucket account where they can simply upload many pictures from their PC to a web based folder on PhotoBucket. This will allow you to not only save photos to an online folder in case you PC crashes but also allow you to use the Photo's URL address to post photos on other site like FORUMS.

This may seem like a lot of information but once you do it once you'll most likely remeber the steps forever and find out it's a simple and quick procedure. In the event you still have difficulties feel free to conact me for further help and support.

- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Picture Tutorial of how to Post Photos on the Forum

Using facebook as my demo, I clicked one of my photos to view on facebook and right clicked on the photo to get this drop down bar. I highlighted the "view image info" because that is what you click.

Once you hit "view image info" you will get this:

The address is already highlighted for you, if its not, do you see where is says location? You can highlight that. The address should already be highlighted for you and you should be able to right click and hit copy like this:

After hitting "copy" go to the forum screen when starting a new discussion and click the photo icon seen here:

A drop down bar will show "enter URL" ERASE the previous "http://" and enter in the photo address you previously copied like this:

MAKE SURE TO DELETE THE PREVIOUS "HTTP://" BEFORE PASTING THE NEW URL.

HIT SUBMIT AND YOUR PHOTO WILL COME UP, IF ITS TOO BIG, YOU MAY WANT TO RESIZE YOUR PHOTO, WHEN YOU CLICK YOUR PHOTO, THERE WILL BE SMALL SQUARES ON ALL FOR SIDES, GRAB AND DRAG THEM TO YOUR DESIRED SIZE OF THE PHOTO.
    THIS IS THE PHOTO TOO BIG AND RE-SIZED.

PHOTO RE-SIZED AND YOUR ALL DONE!! YOU CAN ADD MULTIPLE PHOTOS TO ONE DISCUSSION PAGE! HOPE THIS HELPED!!

• I have an Android desire cell only, no computer, does anyone know if I can post a pick with this and how. I do not have Facebook or twitter or any other website.
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    You need to add photos from a website source. Most people simply use PhotoBucket since it's free and easy. But yes you should be able to add photos from a droid or smart phone.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thankyou I will look into it:)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Can anyone tell me how to add a profile photo?

Lacy,

On the menu at the top click on the tab with your login name "lacy." When the new page opens you'll see an option panel on the left. You should see a link that say's "Change Profile Picture."

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    edited October 2012

Lacy,

I changed your profile photo to a picture that you posted a few days ago. You can change it to whatever photo you wish.

-Steve

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • mine doesnt have the Change Profile Pic option
    Sharkjet - Try doing it now. I changed a setting. I was under the impression all members had the ability to edit their profile. You should be able to now.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com