Skip to content

Red itchy paw

Help needed new EBT owner my 6month pup is gettin itchy red paws any suggestions image
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M

Comments

• choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    Could be a yeast infection or excessive paw licking

Use search function on this site, the there are many threads addressing this problem.
    Switch to a grain free diet if u havnt already. Use dogfoodadvisor.com to find a source at least 4* or better.
    Supplement diet with nuvet plus if available.
    Many here, myself included also use virgin coconut oil or salmon oil in addition to the above.
    That should begin to address if its a yeast infection.

If its excessive licking, there could be many reasons.
    does the puppy get bored. Maybe home alone for extended periods ?

Kinda guessing here .

Could you post more info to narrow down the cause.
  • I see that his been licking his paws lately he is alone for bout 5 hrs after that his around my kids playing fetch and teaching him commands when i get home we play 30 min tug war and a45 min walk or run everyday. His on blue buffalo right know just started mix his food with canine red cell ,dyne and gorilla max three weeks ago for bulking tryin to put sum muscle on him and thnx in advance chooba
    edited November 2015
    Others will chime in here but would start with my initial reccomndations.
    - blue buffalo has many varieties be sure the bag of whatever u are feeding specifically states grain free.
    -add virgin unrefined cocunut oil to food
    -nuvet plus or something similar to build immune system.

The above have numerous benefits, including and exceeding skin irritants and infections

As far as the licking. Stop it, and draw his/her attention to something else whenever u see it. It could be compulsive or signs of nervousness boredom ect. When chooba was young he was alone for 4-5 hours a day also and he also developed a paw licking habit.
    I used a few Kong toys, filled with peanut butter and frozen overnight. Then given to him in his room before I left for work each day. It would take a few hours to clean out 3 or 4 of them. He had more toys than I did and forgot all about his paws.
    Others use nyla bones antlers or anything your bully would be drawn too.

Also, I had chooba on gorilla max for almost a year, besides gas, I don't think there was much noticeable weight gain. 5 star food and more exercise than even u can stand is the best option. Genetics dictates the outcome. Weight gain will continue as ur bully ages up to 3 years.
    Some lines, like Steve's seem to mature quickly, while others such as mine are slower.

I invented my own version of a bully pole and that with the diet reccomended above did more than g.max seemed to in developing both muscle tone and mass.

imageimage
    tmp_7761-KIMG0394~2-1015547023.jpg
    1233 x 1329 - 646K
    Another pic
    tmp_7761-KIMG0309~21878793153.jpg
    1671 x 1931 - 1M
  • Thats a beautiful EBT be ordering sum nu vet and grizzly salmon oil on monday hope he gets better ill be takin him the vet 2morrow too heres a pic of my puppyimage
    image.jpg
    2448 x 3264 - 2M
  • Thanx again for the advice chooba