Skip to content

luna teething what can i do??????

my luna is a miniature bull terrier....shes like 6 months old and shes teething what can i do....for pain...help??? she cries and she dosent eat......

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited March 2013
    @bullyluna - I have to admit this is something I've never had to deal with for Bull Terriers. We've had several litters over the years and raised many Bull Terrier puppies and never once had a puppy that showed any concern during their teething stage. Usually Bull Terriers have a high pain tolerance and loosing baby teeth and teething isn't something that a bull terrier would show signs of pain or discomfort. Usually it's the owner that shows the discomfort because they are the ones being bitten by a playful puppy or suffering the pains of seeing their best shoes chewed up and destroyed.
    If she's crying and not eating I'd be worried that there's something else causing her discomfort that's more significant than teething. Will she eat wet (canned) food?
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Try softening her food for her, or let it sit in warm water and than put it in a blender and give it to her that way.
  • I give her dry food i did wet it with warm water and added a little bit of canned food and that was the only way she eats.But out of nowhere she stars crying like shes in pain.I notice that everything she bites she leaves blood on it.Iam going to put some pictures to share them.
    I recommend you having a Vet look at her. It sounds to me like there's something else troubling her. A 6 month old puppy is big and strong with teeth already in. I have a 6 month old puppy right now too and there's no teething troubles at all. She may have a bone splinter caught in her gums or something. Have you thoroughly examined the inside of her mouth? She shouldn't be bleeding like you describe.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • shes teething...cuz ill find this in the floor....but today i took her out to the lake and she was fine she eat and apple...and she was running normal.. but thanks for ur help......  :-h
    IMG_20130324_141345.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 249K
    Odd how she managed to drop 3 teeth all at the same time in the same place. Never seen a canine come out at the same time as a molar either. Very odd.  :-?

I'm glad to hear she's all better now. ;)
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • no at the same time..ill find them when i was vacuuming...lol and she ate the other ones cuz it was on the poop... but thank u man she is happy now...