Skip to content

Elk Horn Drama Question ...,

Frankie received her first elk horn today around 6-7 inches long, went to town on it for two hours non stop. I noticed she ground down to the bone  marrow at which time I decided it's time for a break.She's very good with letting us take things away from her but the elk horn was a bit of a struggle with no aggression fortunately. 

We went out for some kick ball and she seemed more wired than usual. After a good run she's now passed out and I don't want to even let her see the elk horn till tomorrow since it makes her go totally cuckoo for coco puffs ! Is it safe to let our Bullys chew on these things for hours at a time ?  

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I let me go to town on it. They eventually get bored of it which is normally when I take it away for a few days.

Just think how many bones she would have went through in the two hours she chewed on that antler. I swear those antlers last a LONG time. Expensive, YES, but they are worth every penny.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks for the reply, I was concerned about her sucking out all the bone marrow and then have a case of the runs based on over thinking things. 

And right you are, not expensive at all when compared to the rope bones she can go through. Today's a heavy rain day here, elk bone to the rescue.
  • Birdie loves her antlers, and I let her chew them all she wants. The ones I got her as a little puppy are now so small now that they are going to be a choking hazard. So I went shopping online and ended up buying some on eBay. I think it was a good deal; $25 including shipping and anything sharp has been sanded off. I purchased on a Tuesday evening and they were in my mailbox on Thursday. The item number is 231711468899 and the sellers name on eBay is spacemonkey247. I ordered large, but also sent a note to the seller telling him about Birdie’s size, breed and aggressive chewing. He wrote right back and said he would select some that were right for her. Here is a photo of what she received. 
    antlers.JPG
    607 x 464 - 131K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Now that's a good deal for $25!!!!!

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Never heard of them, I'll have to get some. Nothing else lasts that long!