Skip to content

Belly spots

Lately I have noticed a substantial increase in spots on Murf's belly. I am attaching a picture from her as a young pup and one from now (just turned 2). Is this weird? This didn't happen with my white bully.
The rash on her chest seems to be a result of foraging in the foliage this summer, especially that habit of lying down in the "grass" (some kind of plant life, anyway) with all legs fully outstretched, but doesn't appear to bother her at all.
Is the continued increase in spots to be expected? I have even noticed one on her snout that wasn't there as a puppy.
Murphy asleep.jpg
720 x 960 - 291K
Murf Belly.JPG
960 x 720 - 163K

Comments

• So amazing, almost as if the two were twin sisters!

Djamila also came to us "spotless". Today I think I should have named her "Dotty" :) To my knowledge pigmented skin is absolutely ok and not a sign for a Bull Terrier not being pure bred. Just in case you're worried abut that. Maybe it's a sign of their heritage from the Dalmatians that were bred in formerly. That's were they also may have inherited their incredible need for exercise.

I feel like Djamila's spotting has slowed down now that she is shortly over 2 yrs old. But she has so many of them now - even more than Murphy - it's hard to tell for sure :)
    Djamila's neck btw has the usual Bull Terrier length although on that right photo she kind of looks like there's a bit of giraffe in her either. :))

mila_dots.jpg
    800 x 600 - 137K
  • I LOVE that picture of Djamila!! And i love her spots!!

Quinn has also "grown" spots since she has gotten older. Definitely not as many as Djamila or Murphy, but a few here and there. She has had about 3 come up on the back of her neck, though only one has changed the white to a couple black hairs. She has earned a few more on her belly as well. I guess the dalmatian comes out in some more than others!!
  • Wow! Separated-at-birth similarities! I had thought about the Dalmatian heritage as well, and have just chalked it up to that gene. I am amused by the stripes on the back/spots on the front appearance.