Skip to content

Rosco is 18 months and a BRAT! Anyone else?

edited May 2015 in General
Rosco is definitely in the bratty stage right now.  He follows directions and doesn't get into much trouble, BUT he is like a temper tantrum 2 year old about everything with our other dog or if someone has something he wants.  He thinks that every blanket in the house is his, if his sister (our american bull terrier) lays on one he thinks he should have it and stares her down or finds a way to distract her so that he can take it. Blankets are a HUGE obsession for him, he LOVES blankets of any kind.  If anyone has a toy its the same thing.  He isn't aggressive about it, he is just obnoxious and relentless until he gets his way.   He is also ALWAYS wanting Mama's attention, if I am on my laptop he will take every opportunity to come and quickly nuzzle his nose up under it from the back side to flip it up, same with my makeup bag, if I am putting on makeup (he KNOWS the bag is off limits) he will come up and "accidentally" flip over the bag and then sit down like OOPS!   We can tell that his sister tries to antagonize him by getting a toy, rolling around with it or chewing loudly until he notices because she knows he will run over and have a hissy fit until she lets him have it or walks away from it.   I keep hearing that at two years old it all clicks into place and he suddenly acts like he has some sense, lol.  Is this true?  It is always an adventure around here with Rosco!   
;)

Comments

• Our Puma who is 17 months is going thru the same thing but does not listen at all. She runs and does not come when called
  • Sophie is 2 and a half and still does not always do as she's told especially in the fields where other dogs are she goes into her zone and sod everything else around u she will come up in the sofa and barge her head under my arm but I don't mind as she just wants cuddle time it's a bully thing :)
  • edited May 2015
    My fav pic of the devil coming out of Pumaimage
    image.jpg
    3264 x 2448 - 864K
  • choobachooba Michigan / Missouri
    I can honestly say that is the first time I have ever seen I ebt snarl.
    Starting to think maybe ive done somthing wrong in raising Chooba
    Mike tyson as a ballerina florist

KIMG0309~2.jpg
    1671 x 1931 - 1M
  • Oh she snarls all the time when their playing, it's friendly snarling
  • Haha @pumagirl that is definitely a brat face right there when she snarls, lol.  Does she mean business or is she just being a turd?
  • @bigbear1tracey , Rosco loves to cuddle for short spurts of time, he wants his belly rubbed or wants to cuddle on my lap in the morning or whatever and then out of nowhere he's over the cuddle thing and wants to flip upside down or try to climb on your head with his big butt self.  He has no bed manners at all, I have no idea what that is all about but I am pretty sure he thinks it is a trampoline.  There is no settling him down if you let him on the bed, it is the craziest thing.

• Lol @RoscosMom I can remember thinking ahhh I'd love sophie to snuggle up on my bed tryed it a few times but I quickly changed my mind when she was doing the same jumping on my bed and my body then she was back down stairs lol I've always had a kinda settle down routine with all my dogs sophie and Lucy dont need it now as they older and I can finally give sophie the run of downstairs when I'm in bed or out with out the worry that she wont eat my house lol but my pups have this routine in the mornings there not allowed to charge about like crazy or I'd never get anything done and at 6 am it's not good so I get up let them out of there crates they do there stuff and go back in bed 15 min later I feed them then they go back to bed for a hr to let there food go down then they all go and play in tge garden to burn off some steam running charging jumping etc so funny to watch then bed time they go to bed at 10 pm and settle straight down I will come back down between 11 and 12 let them out again for there final pee but they know it's not play time anymore it's settle down time like in the mornings they don't make a noise as it's quite time till after they ate there food for a hr .them the fun begins lol .with 4 dogs a routine is a must for me .
  • Haha @pumagirl that is definitely a brat face right there when she snarls, lol.  Does she mean business or is she just being a turd?
    Haha @pumagirl that is definitely a brat face right there when she snarls, lol.  Does she mean business or is she just being a turd?

she is totally being a turd!
  • Puma does the same thing. If she gets on our bed she goes completely crazy. Our lab sleeps at the foot of our bed and Puma in her kennel so we have made the bed our labs "safe zone" where Puma isnt allowed to bite at her. There has been a few occasions where Puma had settled down and I have let her sleep with us.
  • I call that the 'crinkle nose' , Maya does it when she is playing and her nose wrinkles up all silly. 
  • That is so funny to hear that Rosco isn't the only one that has no bed manners.  Our other dog knows exactly what a bed is for and finds it glorious to lay on the bed with us, Rosco, no way.  He just doesn't get the concept and the springiness of the bed make him want to leap around like a lunatic.  I saw a video of a bully on a trampoline and wish we had one around here, Rosco would probably win America's Funniest Home Videos and I could launch my dream Bully Farm
    ;)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I prefer as much space as possible while I'm sleeping and Bull Terriers have this bad habit of disregarding my comfort by positioning themselves in a way where I have no movement what so ever.  [-(

On a happy note they tend to love their crates at night. We simply just leave the doors open and allow them to go in and out at their leisure.

Although I will admit when I'm on the road at a show with one of my Bullies I will let them sleep on the bed in the hotel room.

Steve and Nitro resting prior to a show.JPG
    1349 x 900 - 388K
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Stunning steve what a beauty . :)
  • I prefer as much space as possible while I'm sleeping and Bull Terriers have this bad habit of disregarding my comfort by positioning themselves in a way where I have no movement what so ever.  [-(

On a happy note they tend to love their crates at night. We simply just leave the doors open and allow them to go in and out at their leisure.

Although I will admit when I'm on the road at a show with one of my Bullies I will let them sleep on the bed in the hotel room.

What height and weight is nitro he looks good
    Nitro is about 72 pounds.

Nitro.jpg
    588 x 434 - 248K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Nitro is about 72 pounds.

He's a good looking lad what height is he
    He's 22".

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Nitro is a great looking STUD!
  • edited June 2015
    @BulliesofNC Nitro is GORGEOUS!  I agree on the crate thing, Rosco never complains about going to bed in his crate at night, we have two side by side and they snuggle right in and sleep all night with no issues.  He is a space hog too regardless of on a couch or whatever so I feel your pain on that one.  They are heavy too, my gosh!  I need to weigh Rosco again here soon, he has been going through a bit of a bulk up stage lately it looks like, getting beefier now that he is nearing two years old.   I haven't forgotten about our convo btw, I ended up having a couple of unexpected surgeries and treatments so everything else went on the back burner for a few months.  We are going to move forward with that very soon
      \:D/