Skip to content

Second heat cycle

Sooo my 14 month Solo has just come into heat for the second time.shes been bleeding for 7 days,it's just changed from bright red to more of a watery red.the last 3 days she's become real clingy,following me everywhere but won't settle and seems a little stressed.(she's actually driving me crackers)cause I don't seem to be able to calm her.can anyone tell me how long before she gets back to normal and what have their experiences been? Also doesn't help that I've not been able to exercise her properly for over a week.i feel very sorry for her,almost as sorry as she's feeling for herself :(( image
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 1M

Comments

• @Gypsy123 poor baby a season last 3 weeks in total do u have garden that u can play ball In with her just make sure u don't leave her out there for a second on her own .now I'm thinking u live in a apartment or am I wrong lol xxx
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    For many Bull Terriers that are in heat what you are describing is normal behavior. Yes, they are naturally uncomfortable during this time frame and you will see noticeable changes within their behavior and personality. There isn't much you can do about it except let time go by. In the event you had a male dog living with you as well you'd be wondering why both your Bull Terriers were ignoring you and constantly by each others side.

The entire heat cycle will last around 3 weeks. The week after she stops bleeding will be when her estrus levels will be at their highest. It will also be when she will be ovulating. This is when you will really see the changes in her behavior. It may appear as though she is stressed and anxious. Many females may even whine and cry during this time frame. Again, this is natural behavior for many female dogs that are in heat.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • @bigbear1tracey we have a garden but she's used to a good 45min running and ball throwing over local fields in the morning and a 40 min lead walk to school and back in the afternoon.im doing my best with play to keep her occupied.and she's always caged if I have to leave her.so any amorous dogs would have to scale a 7 ft fence,break down the solid oak door and pick the lock on her cage to get to her :)) thanks@bulliesofnc for the info,she wasn't even bothered last time but at least I know she's ok,and it's normal to be a bit stressed.
  • Lmao @Gypsy123 hunnie I wasn't enplying u wasn't doing your best I heard so don't quote be on it but apperntly on a video on here they could even mate threw a fence your probably laugh as I did cause god knows how that's why I said about not leaving here unattended in the garden lol x
  • I know @bigbear1tracey i have heard some horror stories myself :)) a man at pet store said his male german shepherd broke through 2 fences and a door to get to next doors bitch!!thats why I'm taking no chances with my baby,if she's not with me she's under lock and key :D
  • Also the way she's behaving I don't think she's bothered if it's animal,vegetable or mineral.and to be honest im not keen on the way she keeps eyeing up my husband B-)
  • edited May 2015
    Pmsl @Gypsy123 your have to get her one of those metel belts they used in the olden days for the women it had a lock and key I chastity belt, lol :))
  • edited May 2015
    Ooooh doggy chastity belt,wonder why they haven't invented one yet??id buy. :-/
  • I think everyone would it would be alot easier lol xx