Skip to content

Impatiently waiting

So I've been waiting for a long while to get a female pup from this upcoming litter. The kennel owner sent me news the other day about the stud she has chosen and I'm excited!
Ch moonflower Druida
Hopkins son ! Will be the stud (pictured on the bottom)

The Dam is Moonflower Kool Liberty Lujza

What do you guys think? I think this litter will be amazing.
:D
image.jpg
750 x 972 - 171K

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Let me guess ~ Lankák-Őre Kennel.

That means we'll be seeing them advertising their litter on here again. I thought they had a couple puppies left over from their last litter? 

The last I heard they were getting heavy into breeding Pit Bulls.  
    :-??

I think the parents of the litter look nice. They come from good stock - "Moonflower"

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • No puppies left over from the last litter they all have homes, although I know she recently took one back from the owners. I'm not sure why she took her back but it may have been because she's very headstrong. Their last litter of bull terriers was back in 2013. I think that was the last litter they've had period. The kennel owner seems to take very good care of their dogs and are very active with them. Full health testing etc... I love the moonflower line.
    image.jpg
    750 x 604 - 101K
  • She took California Indica back. I think she's now trying to re-home her if anyone is interested. I considered it myself. She's so beautiful but I'm wanting to get a puppy to make sure that Loki will get along with her and vice versa.
    image.jpg
    653 x 567 - 132K
    That's sad that Indica didn't last with the new owner. They couldn't have had her very long because I know she didn't find a home until she was around 1 year old. I hope she finds a loving and permanent home soon. Here's a post that shows her availability throughout her puppy stages: http://www.bulliesofnc.com/BTforum/discussion/1677/lanka-k-are-california-indica-at-moonflower-for-sale-female-puppy

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    Yes, I agree, I don't think they've had another litter of Bull Terriers since that last litter they advertised. They may have realized finding homes was more difficult than they thought being it was their first Bull Terrier Litter . However, I think they have their hands full with the Pit Bulls which seems to be their main concentration.

001.jpg
    960 x 640 - 92K
    002.jpg
    540 x 960 - 106K
    003.jpg
    640 x 960 - 58K
    004.jpg
    960 x 640 - 105K
    005.jpg
    960 x 558 - 105K
    006.jpg
    720 x 960 - 131K
    007.jpg
    960 x 593 - 132K
    008.jpg
    960 x 658 - 115K
    009.jpg
    922 x 585 - 138K
    010.jpg
    960 x 640 - 116K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • They are pretty heavy into weight pulling so I imagine that's why they are more into the APBT. It is sad she's had such a rough start. She's taken down the posts of Indica from the other day so maybe she has already found a new home or she has decided to keep her. I love the markings on that girl, She's very elegant looking. I think one reason it took awhile for her to find a home for her was because she was looking for a certain type of owner for her cause she wanted to make sure she would be shown or worked. She didn't go into details with me about what happened because there is a bit of a language barrier there and her friend wasn't there to translate but she said indica's owners were idiots. Not sure what happened but she took her back and it must be for the better.
  • Oh I forg to add that when I enquired about her litter plans for BTs she had two set for later this year. The moonflower one and another female she haant chosen a stud for yet (she has said health is a main concern and is why it takes her a bit to find the right one) I think the other females name is Power King Miryan Amy. I think one litter may be working and the moonflower working/conformation
  • Umm...all beautiful dogs and all...but is she fighting the APBTs in that last picture??? @-)
  • She's decided to keep Indica. Apparently the last owners said she's agressive and unmanageable/insane. She looks pretty normal in the photos the kennel owner just posted. Maybe she just didn't get along with the old owners other animals. At any rate I'm glad she's decided to keep her.
    It's often difficult to find a home for a Bull Terrier that displays dominance and/or aggression. It's good that they have Indica back with them. Temperament and character are often important factors that people look for when in pursuit for a Bull Terrier puppy. Hopefully this isn't going to be an element of concern with your future puppy coming from them soon. It's always highly encouraged that people spend time with the parents of a litter in order to get a good assessment of their temperaments and personalities. Photos are great and all but meeting the parents in person can't be beat. When it comes to breeders that rely on exporting their puppies abroad vice having no dilemma finding appropriate homes within their own area it always raises an eye brow of concern. Milky Way Kennels has been doing this for many years but their reputation has become known to the Bull Terrier community as one to steer away from.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • The kennel owner says she's not sure what the old owners were talking about because she's never seen any agression in her. Some dogs just don't get along with other dogs just like some people don't get along with everyone. It could've been human error also in how they were treating/training her. Loki gets along with most dogs but there has been a few he just will never get along with.
    The owners probably just didn't have the time for her and like most any other adolescent Bull Terrier they can be a hand full. She looks like a great Bullie though.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Well. Thank you for such a succinct answer to my question about the photo. It is difficult to tell in merely a photo, but even if they are playing I personally would not post a questionable photo like that. To each their own.

Good luck to Indica.
  • If they were any other breed of dog in a pose like that no one would think they were being fought. You get two pit bulls play fighting in a photo and automatically its a dog fight. I'm not in Hugary to inspect the kennel myself but from talking with others who have pups from this kennel they are extremely happy with their choice. The dogs are well cared for and fed raw. The owner is constantly training with her dogs and working with them. Ive been in contact with Luzjas owner (she also owns Indica) and they are THE ONLY breeders who have answered every question and provided photographs of the Heath testing that has been done. Plus I talk with someone regularly that has a pup from the last litter who is very pleased with her dog and he's doing well in the conformation ring and now is training for Rally. I wouldn't feel confident sending so much money over seas if I did know someone who had gotten a pup from the kennel. I've read through the previous threads when the kennel posted having pups available and on this thread it feels like there's some negativity towards them as a kennel and I'm not sure why. I felt like sharing the news because I am excited about adding another member to my family but I feel like maybe I should not of posted it now.
    edited February 2015
    Don't feel bad @LokiLostCoast. You have every right to be excited about getting your new puppy. I don't think anybody was trying to be mean or anything. The photo of the 2 APBT's does cast a hint of aggression vice play but you're right we can't judge the true temperament of the dogs based on that photo or even the previous photo before it which shows both dogs wearing a cage around their muzzles.

I don't know much about the breeder and can't judge their qualities as breeders mainly because they are new to the Bull Terrier breed. However, I can vogue for the Moonflower bloodline which is very reputable.

Your friend (Ashlee Boyda) you mentioned that owns one of the puppies from their first litter used to frequent this Forum often but got offended by me during a facebook post that wasn't even projected to her. Sometimes when people read too much into a post they tend to think more on the negative side vice positive side. Sometimes I feel I need to be a lot more critical about what I write because I often find myself being straight forth and blunt but hopefully I'm not taken as being mean or disrespectful. Heck, maybe 21 years in the Marine Corps instilled the straight talk in me but for those that know me know I'm all heart and when it comes to Bull Terriers I take great passion and pride in them . Either way you won't find me criticizing any Bull Terrier or breeder unless they are doing harm to the breed or ripping people off.

Your friend Ashlee that owns Lanka-Ore Critical Mass shows her little guy against the other Bull Terriers that are owned by the members of her local club. I recall her puppy doing well against her club members Bullies. Moonflower has a reputation for breeding some gorgeous Bull Terriers. Hopefully Lankák-Őre Kennel follows suit and does so with proper temperament in mind.  ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I think a few of Kata's APBTs are rescues. And Speaking of the picture of the APBTs wearing muzzles from what I've read there are some countries that have laws about certain bull breeds having to wear muzzles in public areas so this could be a reason they are wearing them in that picture. and I totally understand the bashing of bad breeders etc but you can't judge someone solely based on a few pictures I mean unless they are straight up pictures of the dog fighting, being abused, neglected etc. as for Lankák-Őre Kennel the owner seems to be very involved with her dogs which is definantly a reason I chose them. I'm very concerned with health and temperament as well as trying to find a show quality dog. Im very excited about the stud of the litter as he is absolutely gorgeous and so were his parents. Luzja is in amazing shape.
    Alisha are you looking to get a male or female from their litter? Obviously with that breeding they will be producing white puppies since it's a white to white breeding. It would be nice to have a Brindle solid male and a white female. I'm sure the two would become best buddies.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I'm hoping she has a female in the litter for me. [-O< I'm still not sure about breeding in the future but I do want to show even if it's just the local ones to start and I want to make sure Loki will get along with the pup also which is another reason I want a female. I am a little worried Loki may act jealous and possessive as he is very attached to us and feel a household with a male and female would probably have a better chance for harmony than a two male household. although a male from this litter would be pretty amazing I'm crossing my fingers I get a female like Moonflower Sweeth Heather lol
    image.jpg
    609 x 530 - 103K
    I don't think you'll have any problems especially since the puppy will be very young when you get her and Loki will recognize her as a small puppy. The two will get used to each other quickly and will want to playing all the time. It will be nice to see photos of the two together.

When the day comes when your receive her just shoot me an email and I'll provide you the AKC document you'll need in order to convert his FCI paperwork into AKC registration. I helped your friend Ashlee when she got her puppy.  ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Many people in the world see a picture of a APBT/Staff/BT/what have you and automatically think they are scary. Many people don't understand dog body language. I'm glad to say I'm not one of those people. And it could be any other large breed and I would still ask. Granted I probably wouldn't ask if it were a Shih Tzu, but I don't look at pictures of Shih Tzus. Bull breed owners have a responsibility to not IGNORE the past of their breeds ("oh she'd never hurt a fly!") because that's what gets us in trouble. These kinds of dogs did used to be bred to fight, to be aggressive and strong, and while we are pretty well beyond that now, I believe it is a mistake to forget where your dog comes from. From my point of view, I would have selected a different play picture so people like me don't question my responsibility to the breed.

I have never seen anything bad posted about the Lankák-Őre Kennel and I have seen nothing but positivity about the Moonflower line, as Steve has stated above me. I don't think it's out of bounds to ask about that photo given the body posture they are in. And it has nothing to do with muzzles. My question was not intended as an insult or a jab, but more of an inquiry. I'm sorry to have upset you. You should be proud to get a bull terrier from a breeder that takes such care in all breeds they deal with. Good luck with your future pup, I'm sure we'll see updates.