Skip to content

guys the white vinegar works on cleaning carpets

I was very skeptical but I mixed white vinegar with water equal parts put n spray bottle sprayed the carpet and I let it soak in. I'm using this to sort of treat first before I clean my carpets. So I sprayed and let it sit then added baking soda vacuum that up THEN IM PROCEEDING TO CLEAN MY CARPETS BUT AFTER TEN MIN THE AMMONIA SMELL WAS NEUTRALIZE BY THE VINEGAR. IM FAR FAR FROM DONE IM DOING THIS AS A FIRST STEP then I'll clean carpets as usual. But they used to use vinegar to clean and I must say its is working OF COARSE MY BULL IS TOO TOO SMART TO POTTY IN THE HOUSE. ITS BEEN THE ROT AND I have HAD THIS BATTLE FOR AWHILE NOW. but I was so SKEPTICAL about USING VINEGAR CAUSE IT STINKS BUT NO LASTING VINEGAR SMELLS

Comments

• The vinegar works ONLY ON AN ACCIDENT. BUT AFTER THIS ROT PUP I'm having to remove my carpet and kilnz the wood before I replace the carpet. I put baking soda on the carpet and when she had an accident I poured vinegar and it fizzes up the mess. It seems like my bull IS TOO SMART TO DO ANY POTTYING N THE HOUSE I've had a time with the rot pup.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That's good info!

I've always used Simple Green which is awesome stuff for any kind of clean up and safe for puppies and dogs. Years ago I invested into a Rug Doctor as well because I always have no less than 5 dogs in the house and I like to clean the rugs every few weeks since the dogs always manage to track in dirt on their feet especially when it's raining outside and they still wish to go in and out all through the day.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com