Skip to content

Toys/Bedding

edited February 2013 in General

Karma is now 14 months old and no matter what type of bedding I use in her kennel she destroys it in less than 5 min.  I have used beds, blankets, sheets, pillows, empty plastic tray (which she ate through 2) and nothing can last with her.  Any suggestions on long last beds and toys?  She goes through her toys just as fast. 

I am very luck to say though she never eats shoes, clothes, furniture, or anything like that.  But before anyone says its just her kennel which I have heard she must not like it... She has now moved onto destroy the patio furniture.  All of my pillows are now hollow, she destroyed the cushions and ate the insides like she does with her bedding stuff.

HELP cause I am going broke buying crap :)

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Recently Trent (from "2 Tuff Bullies") posted about a bedding that he highly recommends. I haven't tried it but I plan on getting a couple to see just how good they are. Here's the link:

http://www.k9ballistics.com/

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thanks.  Are they all just like this?  I have noticed on the few BT pages I am part of all over the world that they too have the same thing going on.  I wonder if I just flood her with TONS of toys it will maybe stop her from killing her beds. 

They go through a LONG puppy stage in which some have a tenancy to be destructive. In due time when they mature you'll find that all the chewing and destructive behavior ends. With my adults I can leave the house without worry of them being destructive or getting into mischief. However, I currently have a 5 month old female puppy who would love nothing more than me to turn my back on her for 5 minutes so she could tear up my shoes, electrical cords, phone charger, or anything else she could possibly find. She isn't provided this opportunity.   :))
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • The k9 ballistics beds are excellent. Max has had one for 6 months. Still intact.
  • edited February 2013

Yea Steve I feel I am lucky cause Karma doesnt destroy EVERYTHING.  Its just annoying that I cant find something smarter then her that she cant destroy.  I got her some new bones last night from the butcher, good strong ones that hopefully will entertain her for a day or two :)

I will be ordering stuff from the K9 place this weekend.

Thanks for the Info everyone

Janine - Post a photo or two of Karma. I'd love to see an updated photo of her!

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Put nylabones in her kennel for her to chew on. go to the thrift store and just buy old junky sheets and let her tear em up and try not to care. Some bullies have to wait a long while before they can handle beds.