Skip to content

YIKES! Steve's meatballs gave Rosco the YAYA's!!!

First let me say Steve that Rosco LOVED your meatball mixture, we made the big batch today and have them bagged up in the freezer.  Just curious though... about 30 minutes after he ate his first one he got what we call the yaya's where he ran around on full speed like a flying circus monkey bouncing off the furniture.  He was so wired up we couldn't stop him!  Wondering if we should reserve the meatball serving for first thing in the morning when he can burn off the added energy outside.  Not to mention is is pouring down rain here so he's not able to run around outside tonight.   Is he the only one or are they designed to give them extra energy while building up bulk?    We've decided that we will call this new behavior the Manic Meatball in the future
:-O @-) :-O  @-)

One more question.. do you take it out of the freezer the night before and thaw for morning or how do you do it?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    LMAO. I can't say I've seen that kind of reaction before but I can imagine he really loved those Raw Meat balls. I'm confident good food of that nature will provide some added energy though.

Actually, I don't thaw them out at all. Our Bullies truly enjoy gnawing on them frozen. I don't think Rosco is going to have any problem with them cold. :)

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Interesting!  I was wondering about giving it to him frozen!   Maybe his running around was excitement because they were so darn tasty.  I will say that about 2 minutes after typing this post he flopped on the floor and went into a deep snooze.  Might have been that extra energy burn off moment they have just amped up on molassis, lol

Thanks again for sharing!
  • Steve, here is the rash that Rosco broke out with overnight.  He woke up with welts all over him on his sides, arms, chest and belly.  Does it look like a reaction to one of the ingredients in your experience or something else?

004.JPG
    2448 x 3264 - 3M
    Rosco rash.jpg
    700 x 933 - 184K
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Well that stinks that Rosco had a reaction to the something within the recipe. However, it's all a bit of good news because you can now isolate the cause of something you know for sure that Roscoe is allergic to.

Yes, I have have seen other (mostly white) bull terriers react in the same way as Rosco. The cause was the wheat germ and/or oatmeal. These ingredients may be good for weight gain but for a dog that's allergic to grains of all types they will react. I can almost guarantee this is what happened with Rosco. Knowing this now is of importance since grain is found in 95% of all dog foods and it's apparent Rosco reacts negatively to it.

On a good note, food allergies are only difficult to recover from when you have no idea what the ingredient is that caused the breakout. Knowing the cause and discontinuing its use will immediately get Rosco back into proper condition again.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thank you @BulliesofNC .  Is there anything that I can do at this point to help it go away faster or just let it takes it course?  We bathed him and put some gold bond anti itch on him which did help with the itching.  Feeling bad for my boy
    :(