Skip to content

Is my baby show material? Tuff judges welcomed!

I'm just curious of how good exemplar is mine, I see so many bad (aka far away from the 'perfect ebt') dogs win youngsters competitions, that I became curious of how good exemplar is mine. I love him and I pick him for his (and parents) character, never had showing him on my mind, but who knows?
My baby has 7 months.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Well I noticed this discussion received plenty of views but no comments. Nobody is going to want to be the one to point out anything negative about somebody elses Bull Terrier unless that Bull Terrier happened to be perfect and there's no such thing as a perfect Bull Terrier.

The last time I provided a factual assessment on someone's Bull Terrier they got very offended with the flaws I pointed out and although they wanted to hear the pros and Cons it became clear they were only prepared for the Pro's. With this said, I vowed not to make that mistake again.

I think your Bull Terrier is gorgeous. Asking for an assessment of him is almost impossible with still photos anyway. In order to get a true assessment people would need to see a video so it captivates all angles as well as him movement which is also an important factor when they are judged.

Why not enter him in a show and see how well he does?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • There is no problem, I don't get offended by it, because I really think he his beautiful, but I really don't know what to think if he is great exemplar of the breed for show and lately I've been interested. 

I don't want to have a trophy of the best of the breed, only because he his the only one of his breed. Like some, other trophies were there are a lot of bullies are too far away between 500-1000 km. I know he has a fault on his eyes, one isn't as small as the other and it's 'aggravated' by some little spots around the eyes. He still has little muscle on his ribs / or small ribs, don't know, even-though I really would like a assessment even if it's bad of his appearance. 

I will try to get a video, but he his never still to make one lol 
    I highly recommend that you study the breed standard in detail whichmay provide you with the good, bad, and average elements of your Bull Terrier. There's no such thing as a perfect Bull Terrier.

When taking photos of your Bull Terrier the key is to show him in a "Stacked" position. This is a good way for others to view his "Type." This way people can have a better idea what his shoulders, head, back, and overall structure and conformation looks like. From your photos you really can't tell. As far as illustrating the head, it's the profile that people will want to see the most not the front shots.

Keep in mind, you can have the nicest looking Bull Terrier in the world but if his movements aren't good he will not do well in a competitive show.

Here's a few examples of photos that would allow people to cast better judgement on the overall type, structure, and conformation:

001.jpg
    639 x 424 - 68K
    002.jpg
    768 x 528 - 223K
    003.JPG
    720 x 480 - 114K
    004.jpg
    576 x 458 - 93K
    005.jpg
    588 x 434 - 248K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I have the btca bull terrier standards illustration, he doesn't go to far away in every one. But he still is a puppy, he don't have even is muscle developed (neck and ribs mostly) only (A LOT) of baby loose skin, that I don't have the slightest idea if he will ever fill all this skin. If he does, lord mary we have a giant, if not he will be like the second photo with other head. As for his movements, he still looks like a 2 month old puppy sometimes, other times he looks like a bull dog, and other times he likes like a proper bull terrier lol, we'll see, thank you a lot steve, I will try to make a video of him .

P.S. Is it normal that a almost 8 month old puppy to have a LOT of loose skin (mainly in his neck), unless in the legs that have a good definition ? 
    Yes, it is normal for him to have some loose skin like that when he's still growing.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Yes, it is normal for him to have some loose skin like that when he's still growing.

Is this too much of loose skin? Sometimes I think he is just fat lol. 

P.S. I found and put some pictures of his profile.
    It's a little loose right now but he will grow into it. Once he gets to be around 12 months old he will stop growing in height and really start filling out to his potential based on genetics and proper nutrition.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com