Skip to content

There's a new Star in the Sky tonight.

edited April 2014 in General
Last night was one of the worst nights of my life, my lovely lady Jelly Bean unexpectedly passed away. Although she had an abusive background, her attitude towards life was amazing. I remember when I first brought her into my home, she hide behind our desk for a week straight, would shake because she was so nervous. Both her ears were so infected they were practically closed shut and her head swollen. Although her fur was missing and her teeth beyond dirty, she melted my heart and soul. She was my first failed foster and I don't regret for a minute the day I decided I couldn't bare parting with her, she fit into our family so well it was as if she was always apart of it. I woke up this morning, leaned over and my hand feel in her empty bed. I can't express how much my heart hurts, and I doubt it will ever go away. It's funny how much a dog can have an effect on your life, my love for my dogs is beyond compare and the devastation has shocked us to the core. I know she enjoyed her final years with us, and spoiled us with her never ending devotion. There is a new star in the sky, and she will forever be looking down over us. Please give your dogs a hug tonight, we are their whole world and we should treat then just the same.
image.jpg
2141 x 2141 - 990K
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 2M
image.jpg
1280 x 960 - 429K
image.jpg
3264 x 2448 - 3M
image.jpg
2448 x 2448 - 1M
image.jpg
720 x 960 - 115K
image.jpg
613 x 960 - 122K
image.jpg
960 x 960 - 222K
image.jpg
960 x 720 - 144K
image.jpg
960 x 960 - 186K
image.jpg
960 x 720 - 322K

Comments

• Oh Boyda, my heart is breaking.  Wish I could say something to ease the pain, but the truth is, only time will help heal and the huge empty space will one day be filled with incredible memories that will make you smile with a happy heart knowing how wonderful her life was after the day she met you.  Until then, my very deepest condolences.  Wishing I could hug you and let you cry on my shoulder as long as you would like.  So, so, so very sorry and sad for your loss.  RIP sweet Jelly Bean.
  • edited April 2014
    My heart breaks this morning to awake to such tragic news. Tears flow to read your post. I'm not a wordsmith and comfort from afar is difficult to achieve. These bullies! They come into this world loving us and only wishing that in return. They leave this world loving us in such a way that those that have never had the privilege of knowing them can fathom. From my family to yours, we share your grief this morning.
  • Im so sorry to hear Boyda, may she rest in paradise! Big hugs to you!
  • Oh Boyda, I'm so sorry. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers today.
  • Very sorry for your loss. RIP Jelly Bean.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    @Boyda - I know how hurt you and your family must feel. Heck, it hurt me reading about the passing of Jelly Bean and brought back memories of dogs I have lost as well. There's no question our furry companions become family members and it's always difficult when we lose one.
    Sounds like Jelly Bean had a great life with your family. You guys provided her the love, care, and devotion she longed for. It takes very special people to rescue a dog especially a Bull Terrier that usually requires extra time, attention, and training. My hats off to you for providing Jelly Bean the life she deserved. Cherish her memories and may she rest in peace.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Boyda, so sorry to hear.  You gave Jelly Bean delight and love.  She deserved that and she knew true love that a human and dog should have had the whole time.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • I want to thank everyone for all of your kind words, it's hard to choke everything down at the moment. The pain is the price we all eventually have to pay for their devotion to us, but it doesn't ease it. I don't think we ever fully let our babies go. We are having a private cremation for her and she will be back with us this Friday where she belongs. Just the thought she's not here right now is taking it's toll on us. Again, thank you and give your fur babies a big squeeze for JellyBean.
  • Sorry to hear Boyda, I don't know what I would do if this happened to me. : (
  • My deepest condolences to you and your family, I cannot imagine the saddness and pain you are feeling right now.
    *Big Hugs* to you and your Bullies.

I hope you feel comfort in knowing how much You changed Jelly Bean's life.
    You gave her love and a home that allowed her grow and flourish and feel safe and contentment being with you.

Take care of yourself.
  • SeonSeon Lake Camanch, CA
    Wow, how sad.  So sorry for your lost.
  • Very sad to read about Jelly Bean...I hope she has finally found peace at the Bridge. It sounds like you were both blessings for each other.