Skip to content

Caesars coat

Caesar has always been so nice and white, until a month or so ago. He ended up with a few patches of bumps and spots on his back, that have now gone but they have discoloured the fur in that area and I cannot get it white again.

I have tried the blue shampoo that makes a white dog white, I have tried his regular shampoo that normally works and I have tried a paste of baking soda and nothing!  He looks like no one loves him.. orphan annie :(

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Here is a pic, I bathed him yesterday
    20140411_065759.jpg
    2560 x 1920 - 1M
  • Bluing shampoos won't fix the discoloration, you need something get rid of the stain, not try to cover it up. I use a couple different things, one being a shampoo with enzymes in it, but I have to order online because I can't find it in stores. Another thing I use is Neutrogena Anti-Residue shampoo, which strips the hair of pretty much everything, followed by a bluing shampoo, then a deep conditioner because the shampoo is very drying. If either of those don't work, I'll give you my sercret recipe for a 3rd, lol!
  • But looking at the picture more, it looks more like the skin is red then the fur itself, which if that is the case I would suggest a conditioner of some kind, like a coconut oil rub down. Sometimes the skin color can 'discolor' the coat because the fur on some dogs isn't as thick. Look at his skin, if it's red it's needs something to help sooth it, like coconut oil.