Skip to content

Rash on Maya's belly

This rash is irritating her. Probably itching like crazy. It popped up yesterday. I'm wondering what it may be and if she may have picked it up while at the dog park the other morning.
Anyone have any suggestions as to what it may be and what I need to get to treat it and get her some relief? Bag Balm maybe?
rash.jpg
351 x 257 - 28K

Comments

• Looks like a small reaction to something, I would suggest giving her some Benadryl to help ease the irritation if it's bugging her that bad, as well as a bath.
  • Oh no!  Hope someone can help that has experienced that, and definitely hoping sweet Maya is better very, very soon. 
  • Thanks! @Boyda...gave her a 25 mg Benadryl this morning and will have Lizzie give her a good bath as well.
    @exiled...it's not that bad but I am sure it is irritating to her. She'll be fine. Thanks for the good thoughts!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    The rash doesn't look too bad. Something definitely sparked a small break out on her but it's often a guessing game as to the exact cause. As with any Bull Terrier, a rash on the belly can come and go especially those young in age. I'm confident Maya's rash will go away quickly.
    I'd rub a little Bag Balm on her for good measure and I'm sure it will provide some relief from itching and irritation.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Noticed it yesterday because she was gnawing on her back paws. Turned her over and saw the rash. She seems a bit better this morning. Headed out for some Bag Balm.
  • I think it may need some kisses for good measure too :)
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • http://www.eqyss.com/pet_microtek_spray.asp   it will help the rash will be gone in a day or two
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks Adrian. Gonna pick some up in case it reappears. Talked to my daughter last night (I'm in Brazil right now) and she told me that the rash was gone in a couple of days.
  • Your welcome and yea its always something to have in hand
  • Years ago I found a soothing cooling powder for dogs at my health food store. I could hold the container in front of my EBT and he would dance from excitement, knowing how it soothed his itchy spots. Unfortunately, the company went out of business - but I read the ingredients and there were only 2!!!!! Corn starch powder mixed with dried crushed mint leaves! I would mix equal parts of each, and if you don't have a mint plant or a health food store that carries herbs, buy some bags of mint tea and rip them open. This works great on white EBTs, tummies, paws, itchy tails, and humans. Cheap and safe too!
  • @mscolt1911...great idea! I know when I was younger I had skin problems and my mom would draw me a bath with corn starch in it. And mint has natural anti-inflammatory properties. Going to mix some up and keep it handy. I would think it could be used as a paste and a liquid spray as well. Of course as a spray you would have to "shake well" as the corn starch would settle. Or, maybe it could be cooked up so the corn starch would dissolve. Excellent suggestion! Thanks!
  • My boy was solid white and the corn starch whitened him up, but it was the coolness of the mint that helped too. As soon as I picked up the container, Sharkey would dance and vocalize, so I knew he enjoyed the powder. Sometimes I would put it on myself and it really cooled hot itchy areas.
  • I use corn starch to whiten fluff Taco up the night before a show. It works great and is a ton cheaper then the other stuff.