Skip to content

Roxanne update

Soooooo it would appear she has injured her ACL :(. It has been aweful trying to keep her as low key as possible but when we let her out some times she cannot stand it and just goes bionic nuts. She also has a few spots I have attached photos, not sure what could be doing it so we are taking the peanut butter away for now(she has her meds with it). Let me mention she is spoiled wrotten :)

Look over her eye (ear spot side). On her back and her leg
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 841K
image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 981K

Comments

• Oh no, I'm so sorry Roxanne is going through this.  Poor baby!  I'm sure it's just as hard on you and your husband when she's hurting.  She's too cute to be dealing with this sort of stuff.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Very minor skin problems and less than normally seen on a white bull terrier her age especially if they are taking no supplement to help boost their immune system. My son has Roxanne's sister (Haole Girl) and has kept her on NuVet. Haole Girl is solid white and has no skin blemishes at all. She's cut up her nose a couple times from rough housing outside but her diet has proven to be beneficial for keeping her strong, healthy, and free from skin problems.
    How did Roxanne injure her ACL? Did she jump down off of something and land wrong or was it from normal running around and playing?

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • She sure is pretty even with an injury! Hope for a speedy recovery so she can get back to running soon!
  • I am a bad mother, she just started the NuVet 3 weeks ago. I have been putting bag balm on them. How long do u think it will take them to NUVET to start bringing her system up?

As far as I can tell she did it by being her crazy self slipping and sliding taking sharp corners on the hard wood floors, she didn't jump off anything, lucky for us she cannot jump off or on the bed so when she is on there she is in there,,,,I'm sure that won't last and she just figured how to get on the couch. We go to the vet for a check up on it Friday

So you think it isn't the peanut butter then?
  • Roxanne is still looking great and getting the care she needs.
    @Jmallar - You're not a bad mother at all. Roxanne looks as healthy as can be. Seeing small skin blemishes on a young Bull Terrier (especially white Bullies) is not uncommon and Roxanne has minimal skin problems which will soon go away. With her on proper foods and taking the NuVet there's no question she will have have a perfect coat in due time. It's always hard when they are young and going through changes within the body. Give her some time for the NuVet to strengthen her immune system and allow her to mature naturally and she'll overcome all skin blemishes. She will also settle down considerably and become a lot more obedient. With any Bull Terrier it just takes some time. It's a long puppy stage. ;)

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I wish I knew how to upload a video or two of her crazy self!
    Good to know, we were starting to worry. Next step-----She will be going into heat soon, that will be interesting :).

She is spoiled rotten :) >
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
    You need to start a YouTube page and upload video's to it so you can share them here. I want to see a video!!!   \m/

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I will try to do that this weekend. :) does anyone else just melt when the bend their heads and neck and look like a Trojan horse :) she does this all the time when playing with her toys. Steve how much does haole girl weigh?
    I'll have to ask my son Justin the next time I talk to him. Haole Girl is a ball of fire. Justin often takes her with him when he comes over. It takes it a little while to calm down when she gets inside the house which is normal considering she is always greeted by at least 4 other Bull Terriers. After a few mad dashes around the house she calms down. From time to time she'll irritate Kolohe who is too old to condone an out of line puppy and Kolohe will quickly set her straight and calm her down. Haole Girl is going through the chewing stage so Justin and his wife Jen are having to hide all shoes and slippers and ensure nothing is left on the floor that might turn into a chew toy when their back is turned. She's a smart girl that gets along great with other dogs but because she's young and energetic and does best with the younger dogs that can keep up with her energy level. 
    Here's 2 pictures of her that were taken a couple months ago:

Anela.jpg
    720 x 960 - 57K
    Anela 2.jpg
    720 x 960 - 63K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Omg she looks so much like Roxanne! Danny thought so too!! Roxanne loves to find anything-she knows she shouldn't then looks at u and runs-- before u even say anything! Then it is a chasing game and she is so funny, she is also very good at getting the toilet paper off the holder and running with it. Last nite she jumped bit ahold of my down coat and as she came down still holding it I heard riiiipppppp and feathers everywhere. She also found moose poop from the moose that has been hanging in the yard. Yuck! We are getting her kennel cough vaccine Friday with her leg check up so she can start her low key daycare next week. She needs socialization with other people smells and dogs because you would think she won the lottery when she sees some one new :)
  • Sooooooooo here goes it. Roxanne does not have an acl injury, my misunderstanding after we took her to another vet who specializes, It is actually worse. They are going to do a few more X-rays, but it would appear that she has a terrible sprain on her ankle, torn ligaments that may have some bone pieces that may be calcifying,,,,, so, we are just starting to get some answers and getting a consult with an Ortho surgeon. That may not be able to do anything to make it better just keep her comfortable. :(. Steve, she still has the toy you sent her to us with and every once I a while snoopy comes out to play- he even still squeaks ---- excuse the "dirty white dog" she had been playing in the mud!
    image.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 250K
    image.jpg
    2056 x 1536 - 869K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 653K
    image.jpg
    2048 x 1536 - 419K
  • Oh and her covering her face
    image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M