Skip to content

My Kennels

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
edited February 2014 in General

- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• This my be a silly question since you have so many of them... Do you dogs come inside at night? What about storms? And I know you got a bunch of snow this winter...did your dogs come inside?!? That's a lot of bullies under one roof! (or maybe is there somewhere you have answered all this you can direct me toward?)
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    That's not a silly question at all. Including 2 rescues I have 13 Bull Terriers and no I do not bring them all into the house each night for a slumber party. To be quite honest most of the Bull Terriers prefer being outside than they do inside. I guess because they like being near all the other dogs, seeing wildlife outside, and having constant room to get up and move around. My kennels are set up with 2 side stalls that have access to the huge kennel run. I rotate the dogs so they all have time to run around freely. Because I'm here with them 24/7 I devote time each day to spending it with them.
    I realize many don't like the idea of kenneling any dogs. However, the kennels provide ample room for them and they are let out all the time to exercise and enjoy life. I'm not fond of the idea of locking them up in a travel crate at night and I feel sorry for those EBT's that spend the day in a crate waiting for their owners to return from work Mon-Fri. I'm a lot happier knowing none of mine are ever boxed up into a crate. I also contribute the fact that none of my EBT's have OCT because (1) I spend too much time with them to allow boredom and (2) they suffer no stress and anxiety from being away from people or locked up in a crate for long periods of time. Many of my Bull Terriers scratch at the door when put inside and run back out to the kennels when I open the door.
    The weather in North Carolina never gets extreme. No extreme heat or cold. However, I still ensure all dogs are provided a top quality insulated dog house. The ones I used are called Dog Den 2 houses from K9 Condo. They stay very warm in the winter and the dogs love them. They are pricey at nearly $400 each but they are worth it.
    In the event of emergency storms, hurricanes, or possible tornadoes my Bull Terriers are taken into my shop which is made of cylinder blocks which will withstand far greater gusts of winds than any house. Per AKC regulations all breeders are "supposed to" have an emergency evacuation plan. (Mine is attached.)
    I have nothing against keeping dogs inside 24/7 as we maintain no more 5 Bull Terriers inside at one time. It just wouldn't be practical to have any more than that inside. The Bull Terriers keep in much better shape outside than they do inside getting into bad habits of sleeping most of the day away.
    It's common for people to assume many kennel dogs are put in a kennel and never come out for play and exercise. That's completely opposite from ours as they have access to 35 acres for exercise, play, and enjoyment keeping them in good condition and happy as can be.
    I try not to think about the confinement others are providing their Bull Terriers while they are at work or sleeping at night but truth is I'm confident most aren't left with the free roam they deserve and need.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • You know Steve, when I dream of winning the lottery and thinking about what I could do with my time, this would be my idea of heaven - running a kennel for bullies.
    I can only imagine just how much work these beauties are for you but they all look so healthy, happy and fit. Thanks for sharing PS can't catch the name but the red one is especially beautiful
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited February 2014
    That's "Komplicated Kaos" - Kaos for short.

Kaos custom 02.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 407K
    Kaos custom 4.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 894K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • What do you mean you don't want a 13-bullie sleepover?! Haha I can't even imagine! The most bull terriers I've ever been around is three. Wish there were more around here. Thanks for answering though! The weather is a little crazier here in Kentucky (we had snow, 60 degree weather, tornadoes and now we're back to snow) so you're lucky to be able to keep them outside so they can exercise and not go crazy. With kenneled dogs I always just wonder if they get love and snuggles, but honestly they all seem so excited to see you that I don't think they really lack any kind of human interaction. Would love to visit your bullie heaven one day when the timing is right.

Also, Kaos is such a pretty girl. Practically blends into the grass though!