Skip to content

Breeders on Facebook

BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
edited January 2014 in General
I'm beginning to see a lot of this especially on Facebook. I don't mind when people "Share" my photos on facebook but when they Copy them to their computers and put their kennel name on them it makes me sick.

@apollosmama took this photo of Deuce and I really liked it. I never thought someone would steal it (regardless if all my photos are copyrighted on my website) and put their kennel name on it as though it's their Bull Terrier. They even have it illustrated as their Cover Photo on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bull-Terrier34/167449863399284

1237550_322612001216402_1099122069_n.jpg
960 x 576 - 63K
- Steve Gogulski
"It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
www.bulliesofnc.com

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    I don't speak their language but hopefully they'll understand the post I put under their photo:

Copyright.jpg
    960 x 576 - 340K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Thats awful:( I have saved photos off Facebook but I would never say the dog was mine!! People suck:(
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
    I really don't mind at all that people copy photos. It happens all the time. I just don't know why they'd put their kennel name on them as though they're projecting the Bull Terrier to be their own.
    Here's what their Facebook Page looks like:

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
    I really don't mind at all that people copy photos. It happens all the time. I just don't know why they'd put their kennel name on them as though they're projecting the Bull Terrier to be their own.
    Here's what their Facebook Page looks like:

Bull Terier34.JPG
    870 x 553 - 76K
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Definitely not mistaken their intention I would nicely ask them why their using your photo of your dog to market their kennel. If they didn't quietly remove it I would start posting it everywhere with their name crossed out what a bunch of assholes!!!
  • Is there a way to report it?  I'm not too familiar with Facebook's regulations, but I think I recall having seen something that you can't post anyone's copyrighted pictures.  That is WRONG to put their name on Deuce's photo.  wth?  That is an awesome picture that Apollo's mom took, and Deuce is beautiful.  Anyone know if there's a "report abuse" button?
  • In my mined I take that as stealing when its your property and they put it as theres and they make people think its there... so what im coming to is they should be prosecuted by the full extent of the law 
  • I didn't know how to get this information, but I found this that discusses infringement.  I'm only posting in case you or anyone else needs it quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

and this is how to report infringement:

https://www.facebook.com/legal/copyright.php?howto_report
    Ya, I seen that too. I just figured I give them a day or so to correct themselves.

@Thor - Hard to prosecute anybody outside the country and these guys are in Turkey. But I can have Facebook pull their page.

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • They have a different cover photo up now.
  • Yes, last night I reported the photo and when I check a few minutes ago it was down. I stalked that whole page looking for our pictures. I was going to flip if those pics of Nitro were on there. I'm going to make us a photo logo today and watermark all my photos of BNC. I don't ever worry about watermarking the photos I do of your dog's because we're friends. I never imagined someone else would put their name on it! Lesson learned!
  • People will do anything to get a quick buck. They won't test their litters parents and they also know going in to breeding that if there are any issues genetically then people might find out.

There's a reason you pay a reputable breeder. I got mine from a reputable couple who got their parents tested and made sure I had a healthy pup. I still email them monthly on Spud's update.
  • They are dreamers. They know where to go to get good photos.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • Ok so....theirs a lady on Facebook bully lovers group that apparently sees nothing wrong with breeding a mini to a standard and said this was actually recommended to her by someone to prevent health issues :( I would chime in but im not good at typing my thoughts and I know this is gonna cause a war on their. I almost tagged Steve on this discussion but don't wish to draw him in even though he would be the perfect one to straighten out those whom apparently think its ok:( sofor those who want to try go for it.....I just brought this to light on here because it was in a past post. I for one am sickened.....
    It won't be the first time two different breeds of dogs were bred. It isn't like she'll be doing justice for either breed and she definitely won't be registering them through AKC as a Pure Bred Dog.
    I'm confident the only reason they were bred was because it was the only availability that she could find for breeding and no other thought was put into having the litter except that she wanted puppies.
    Just another idiot breeder corrupting the breed (both breeds in this case).

- Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com