Skip to content

Lump on old bullie's stomach

Hi guys. I have a white bullie that will be turning 11 yrs old next month. He has a bit of hip problems and arthritis which I give him omega 3, 6 and 9 for, that work very well. Over the last week he has developed this lump on his stomach. I felt around a bit and it doesn't seem to hurt or cause him any discomfort. Any ideas what it might be?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There's no way of guessing or assuming what the lump is. I recommend getting an x-ray to ensure it isn't a tumor or anything else that would be detrimental to his health.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • My vet used to call them "fatty deposits".  If they aren't painful or draining...ignore them.  Not sure that was the best answer but Meatball had numerous lumps and bumps all over her 16 year old body.  Never hurt her.  I did have great luck with the Glucosamine Chondroiten snacks from Sam's club.  Dramatically assisted with arthritis. She went from not being able to take stairs, to bounding up and down the stairs.  I stopped snacks and in 3 weeks she couldn't make the stairs again.  Firmly convinced it worked for Meatball.   
  • edited December 2013
    I know this is a BT forum, but I have an 11 1/2 year old dwarf bunny that has bad arthritis and was in a lot of pain.  He takes a daily dose of metacam and they give him injections of adequan which my exotics vet told me is a form of glucosamine.  He gets injections every two weeks and it is noticeable when the two weeks are up.  When he gets the injections, he is like he was a couple of years ago.  It is outrageously expensive, but when your furry best friend is in pain, you do whatever it takes.

A lot of the meds they treat rabbits with are used in horses, and often dogs.  He also takes organic supplements daily that have glucosamine.  Only suggesting this if you want to talk with your dog's vet to see if it might help when the supplements aren't enough, like it had gotten with my bunny.  If it could help someone's dog live a better life like it has improved my bunny's enjoyment of life, wanted to be sure to share.

Wasn't trying to hijack your thread, just add a possible suggestion to discuss with your dog's vet if he starts to have more trouble getting around later.
  • Thx guys. The lump dissappeared after a few days. He gets his vitamins and omega pills daily and as long as that happens he is fine. Thx for advise