Skip to content

Shipping puppies....

I had a puppy air shipped to me 11 years ago and everything seemed fine, I'm still kind of apprehensive about doing it though. Any thoughts, experiences or suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    edited January 2013
    We've been shipping puppies through Delta for almost 10 years. Some people oppose the idea of shipping a puppy and like to try their best to present the idea of shipping a puppy as something inhumane or unsafe for the puppy. Often people who purchase a puppy from us live hundreds or thousands of miles away. To be honest, I wouldn't want those individuals driving all the way over here to see them put a 8 week old puppy into their car and travel all day and night (or longer) just to say they thought the dog would be safer on a 2 day car trip vice a few hour plane trip. A puppy will get car sick a lot faster than they will on a plane. We've sent puppies outside the country and they arrived safely without any dilemma.

I can assure you the English Bull Terrier didn't migrate to America by means of a boat. Dogs travel the world every day by airlines. Delta hand carries them and watches after them. They travel in climate control and are never placed in an area that is without climate control. In order to fly all animals are required to have a health check as well as acclimation statement by a Veterinarian.

The process involved to ship a puppy via airline is not that difficult. However, I think the biggest reason some breeders are against shipping a dog via plane is because they either have no idea how to go about doing it, don't realize the safety of shipping via plane, or don't live close to an airport that ships canine and would rather force people to come pick up their puppy because they not will devote towards the requirements to ship as well as the time and energy to make it happen.

Here's some more information on shipping that I have on my website: http://bulliesofnc.com/shipping

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Shipping is safe, very few accidents. I have used Delta and continental airlines. They have strict rules, and guidelines. I have shipped twice to New york, over 6 hours in flight time there. I had Electra shipped to me from PA, no problems, they just usually need a bath afterwards.  
  • I have had a few people who flew in and Cabin flighted thier puppies.  This was great because we could meet and answer any question they may have had, the cost was about the same as shipping so this may be an alernative.  Like Steve and Zerlett we use Delta and never had a problem. 
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC