Skip to content

white vs colored bts

Heres some trivia for all you bt lovers.....I heard yesterday that the white bts take on more of the bull dog characteristic traits and the colored take on more of the terrier traits????? true or false?????
Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC

FALSE.

Actually the white color itself came from the now extinct English Terrier. The Bull Terrier colors were added from the Bullie breeds.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • What Bullie breeds are bred into the bull terrier??
    The Bull Terrier is a cross between the Bulldog and the Old English Terrier with a bit of Spanish Pointer in his bloodline. This breed originated in 1830 to attack bull in this sport of combat. They were soon replaced in 1850 with the White Cavalier and have since been used for many different things. The Bull Terrier has been used as a guard dog, a ratter, a herder, and a watchdog and does extremely well in all.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I heard they added the staffordshire bull terrier (brindle) into the bull terrier breed to create colored. I dont know how true it is, but someone saying the whites are more bull like and the colored more terrier type is totally false.
  • Are their staffys in the bt bloodline?? I also heard they used Dalmatian??
    The Dalmatian and the Bull Terrier share some of the same genes as both dogs have the English Terrier lines which is why the Dalmation is prone to deafness as well. Staffordshire terrier was added to the gene pool down the line during the time colors other than white were excepted. Personally I think the aspect of adding Staffs to the line was great as I feel it's a contributing factor to todays stockier structure. Few may argue if their mind is set on the old school skinny bull terrier with the narrow and straight nose. However, most of these individuals will only claim to like this look since it isn't uncommon to see these slender improperly bred Bull Terriers in our country especially registered through CKC. Hundreds can be found everyday through www.puppyfind.com. Not exactly the true and desired Bullie of todays standards but many backyard breeders don't know any bettter.
    - Steve Gogulski
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • On the occasion great quality can be found on puppy find, but for the most part it's not, and there are a ton of puppy mills on there as well, people breeding bull terriers as well as, yorkies, huskies, poodles, fox terriers, rat terriers, bull dogs, ya....cant possibly be breeding all those dogs to the best care and facilities...the amish...tisk tisk...