Skip to content

Puppy food

When should I switch thibodaux from puppy Food to adult food? She eats about 2 cups twice per day of blue buffalo freedom puppy food. She will be 10 months on the 23rd. Thanks!

Comments

• Also, a little "then and now" pic.
    image.jpg
    1936 x 1936 - 558K
  • edited September 2013
    We plan on switching Maya over to adult food at about 14 months. I think that's when they are considered having reached adulthood. She'll be getting red beans n rice, crawfish etoufe, gumbo, and boudin!  ;))

She's a pretty girl!
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    There's never any rush to switch from puppy food to adult food. Puppy food obviously contains higher levels of nutrition for adding weight for an active growing puppy. The only time I'd ever be quick to put a Bullie on adult food would be when they were over 121 months old and already at a weight appropriate for their build and structure. If you think Thibodaux has more growing to do and still needs to fill out some more I'd leave him on the puppy food. Even during the times people wish to add weight and extra nutritional value for a dog that needs it they will look into using puppy food. Females should also be eating puppy food while pregnant and nursing.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • She is definitely still growing. I have to adjust her collar once every other week now. Ill just keep an eye on her. I was definitely not planning on taking her off in the next few months or anything. I was just curious when would be appropriate. Xtracho, you can feed her gumbo if you pick up what she lays down outside the next day hehe :P
  • I did Blue Buffalo Wilderness from 12 weeks to 24 weeks then did a mixture of Taste of the Wild all life stages from weeks 24-28. Spud's now on all life stages TOTW and he's responding very well.

He's 7 months now and a little north of 40 lbs. he won't be more than 50 lbs since his dad was at that weight. I plan to maybe mix in more puppy food but the TOTW has shown to give him enough energy and fill to his body. His stool is completely solid.

Tonight Spud just finished his 12 week puppy program since 12 weeks. He had a 2-3 week break at 6 weeks. He will be getting a steak tomorrow : ).

image.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 1M
  • T-bone for spud!! Good boy Spud!!!!
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • Forgot to mention. After Spud's two dog visits and 3 mile hike before class we headed out to the lake where all he did was stare at the ducks but kept it cool and was nonchalant the whole time lying down. Good way to relax before his graduation test.
    image.jpg
    1024 x 1820 - 574K
  • Big girl 10 months old north of 50 lbs! Spuds is a handsome fellow ;)
    image.jpg
    2340 x 2340 - 1M
  • She's a beauty! !
    Your actions speak so loudly I cannot hear your words.
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Great looking Bullie!
    :-bd
    - Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • She's definitely eating well!!!
  • Well I feed my miss. Missy taste of the wild. BUT QUESTION IS the green dental bones. Pet smart has the greenies the last round I bought was at Kroger's the Purina kind these r bigger and twisted. So far so good I at least give her 3 a week sometime more IM WANDERING IF IT WILL AFFECT HER COAT. I also give her dog biscuits begin strips the tbone dog treats I CUT THOSE IN QUARTERS NOW its a big treat and I don't want to make her overweight. I did give her banana one this week but yeah they say to clean your dogs teeth so I brush the let m weekly I GOTTA GET THOSE FINGER THINGS. But jumbones a few of those a week they got the meaty center I picked those up while I was at grocery store. But I got the totw puppy formula cause fowl formula CAUSED HER TO GAS BOMB US ALL NIGHT LONG AND IT WAS REALLY FOUL. I let her chew on cold carrots puppy teeth fell out for her permanent teeth coming in. I GOT TO GET GRIZZLY OIL.