Skip to content

Showing

edited December 2013 in General
Has anyone on her ever shown their BT before. If so what are the requirement? Where would theses events be held etc and most and importantly are theses people whom participated bias towards other kennels besides their own?

Comments

• BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    The AKC website lists upcoming shows and events. Yes, there's a lot of politics in the showing dogs. Lots of animosity between breeders, bloodlines, handlers, and individual owners. I don't want to get on my soap box on this subject so I think I'll eagerly welcome others to chime in on their opinions.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • Do you have to be apart of a breed club to be able to enter AKC shows? I was looking into this as well, but it seems like you have to be a member of EBT club to show at a AKC conformation show. I had always just thought you could own an AKC registered dog and show on your own. Any info in this area?
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    You do NOT need to be a part of any club. Your dog just needs to be AKC registered and meets the standards of the breed.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com
  • I too was interested in showing, we are lucky enough to have a vet that is willing to help us if Stoeger is a good example of the breed. She said some of owners are rarer nasty though and I'm not sure if I'm ready to deal with some of the snoodiness that she said is present. I'm thinking we may lean towards agility and obedience and that would give stoegers mind a good workout as well.
  • Don't let poor sports spoil your entering your dogs into shows!

nor should you let your dogs faults stop you either!

remember that-NO dog is perfect, even CH's rocky tops sundance kid (AKA Rufus winner of weistminster) was perfect, he had a pretty poor shoulder placement.

Showing should be about having fun with you and your dog, and if your dog enjoys it-then why not? even if you don't win, you can mingle with other dog owners, your  Bully can get some hugs and pets from strangers and new friends etc and you can gain some valuable experience in handling your bully!

• We bought a stud that has already been shown, and was winner of his breed this past Spring.  We do intend to get involved in showing him.  We hope to meet other people with BT, and really don't care if Claxxton wins or not.  We want to do it for the fun, and expose Claxxton to other dogs.  And yes, we will also show him ourselves.  We know nothing about showing, but will attend some shows before we start.  We had a Jack Russel we used to take to shows and really had a lot of fun.  Don't let the breeders put you down for showing your own dog.  It's in the training before the show that determins how well he will do at the show.

:)>-