Skip to content

Too much time alone

Hey guys, looking for some advice here. So over the past couple of months my girlfriend had been on maternity leave from work (she took it way early) which was great because it allowed her to be home with Ollie during the days while I was at work. I recently started a new job where I'm out of the house by 6 am and she is now going back to work her hours are 8-5. When we are not home he is kenneled. We have tried a few times to leave him in the kitchen after we bought a nice dog gate but he just chews our door frame haha. I'm very concerned because he sleeps in his kennel at night (we usually go to be at 10). I let him out to go to the bathroom in the morning before I leave and he goes back in until my girlfriend is up. I'm just afraid now that with this new schedule he won't be getting the full attention he deserves. I have looked into dog daycare which is way too expensive here. Has anyone else had problems with things like this? How did you manage your time? I love my little buddy more than anything but I want to find a way to give him the best life that he deserves.

Comments