Skip to content

Nasty scar

Cookie has a nice little scar on the side if her face from getting into something. Is there anything that I can put on it that will make her fur grow back? It wasn't a cut that broke the skin, I think the dogs where playing a little too rough and her fur was pulled out, but it's been a few weeks and I don't even see any peach fuzz.

Comments

• This is VERY common, and don't expect much fur (if any) to grow back in.

When I went to go pick Chimera up from the breeder, she had a small tooth mark above her eye from rough housing with her litter mates.

I put neosprorine on it and kept it clean and dry, and it healed nicely...but she is now 15 months old at that Scar is still highly visible-no fur ever really grew back.

Cesar also still has a very visible scar on his muzzle from the fist year I had him, he an into the rose bush outside my BFs house and had a teeny scratch-barely broke skin, but its stil las clear as day!

the first picture is the trip from the breeds house to home- Chimera 8 weeks

the second picture is from last week.

479800_4070755040182_2008493784_n.jpg
    615 x 461 - 58K
    scar.jpg
    1148 x 764 - 326K
  • Do you know if castor oil would work? I know it's great for our skin and scars, but not so sure about a dogs, plus google has failed me on my search for answeres. The bridge of Cookie's nose is heavy scarred, but that's just cause she uses it for everything, like busting through fences when playing fetch and digging in the dirt, but it's the one on the side that really bothers me for some reason.

Btw, I love her puppy picture!
    image.jpg
    615 x 565 - 84K
  • You may as well try!  I don't think itll do any damage! ive never tied but let me know if it works if you do try it, maybe you could do like a photo of before you ty it and then like a week after to see what happens

• I use bag balm on scars and cuts.
    "Blitzkrieg Bullies" - Alexander, AR
  • I also use bag balm.
    Craig Lee BONC Jacksonville NC
  • BulliesofNCBulliesofNC Richlands, NC
    Looks like she may have gotten into another dogs teeth. I use Bag Balm as well.

- Steve Gogulski
    "It's not just a Dog, it's a Bull Terrier!"
    www.bulliesofnc.com